Tiramisu Pie is silky smooth and extra special with a moist “extra” crust and makes the best dessert or tea-time treat – One of my most requested desserts ever !
I have been craving a Tiramisu Dessert for weeks and finally decided to bake this Tiramisu Pie (which is most delicious and ever so addicting) again after a couple of months have passed since I baked the first one.
The kids were both home all week, and all of us agree that this is one of the best versions of a Tiramisu we have ever tasted.
This Pie truly tastes like a little piece of foodie heaven and I should really start making it more often, seeing as the kids now also had a taste.
The filling is silky smooth and the extra layer of Coffee/Brandy soaked Ladyfingers, makes this Pie really special. Your guests would be well pleased with a slice – or two !
Because of the Cottage Cheese I use, it is also a very light dessert and is perfect to enjoy after a rich meal.
Just a little something to end off a good dinner, and most definitely suitable during warm weather when you only want a light sweet treat.
As with all, if not most, Tiramisu desserts, this Tiramisu Pie only gets better the longer it stands.
Only reason I know, I baked it once and served the Pie a couple of hours later. But the second time I baked it the night before. We only had the Pie for dessert the following evening – so, so much better !
More decadent Dessert recipes you might like:
- Magic Chocolate Custard Cake
- Tiramisu Cheesecake (No-Bake)
- Gooey Coconut Pineapple Butter Cake
- Oreo Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
- Pineapple-Orange Cream Pie (No-Bake)
- 2 cups Cookies, crushed, (Tennis Biscuits or Graham Crackers)
- 2 TB Icing Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 cups Smooth Cottage Cheese, plain
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 t Vanilla Essence
- 2 Eggs
- 8 Ladyfinger Cookies
- 1/2 cup Strong Black Coffee
- 1 TB Brandy
- 1 1/2 cups Sweetened Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup Chocolate, grated/shavings
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a 22.5 cm (9 inch) oven proof pie dish with cooking oil
- Combine the Cookie Crumbs, Icing Sugar and Butter – press onto the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pie dish
- Beat together the Cottage Cheese, Sugar and Vanilla Essence until combined – add the Eggs one-by-one, beating in between – keep beating until smooth
- Arrange a layer of Ladyfinger Cookies on the bottom of the crust (break some to make it even)
- Mix the Coffee and Brandy – pour over the Ladyfingers – followed by the Cottage Cheese filling – bake 55 – 60 minutes or until the center of the filling has almost set
- Remove from the oven – let cool completely, cover with cling wrap and chill for at least 3 hours or overnight
- Just before serving, scoop over the Whipped Cream and sprinkle with grated Chocolate
- Total Time excludes chilling time
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 639Total Fat 37gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 122mgSodium 431mgCarbohydrates 66gFiber 2gSugar 38gProtein 13g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve and enjoy !