Pineapple-Orange Cream Pie is a creamy, light, zesty and delicious Pie, which is also a No-Bake recipe and enough for a crowd !
This No-Bake Pineapple-Orange Cream Pie is a huge dessert and perfect to take with to a family gathering or when you have lots of guests over.
Below, I stated that the Pie yields 12 servings, and by that I mean a decent, large size slice, more than enough for an adult, which makes this recipe all the more popular if most of your guests are kids.
The servings can then be anything from 15 – 18.
A bite if this Pineapple Orange Pie is absolutely heavenly. It is creamy and melts in your mouth with a bit of a foamy texture.
To make sure your Evaporated Milk will whisk well, and just about triple in size, it has to be very well chilled.
I usually place my cans of Evaporated Milk directly into the refrigerator when I come back from the stores.
You can use the Milk cold in any recipe, but when whisking is involved, room temperature or slightly cold just won’t cut it.
Something else I do, to hasten things up when I need to, is to use only one cup Boiling Water to dissolve the Jello and Sugar.
Once it is fully dissolved I add one cup of ice cold water or even ice cubes to make the Jello set quicker.
You do have to stir until the ice cubes are melted before placing in the refrigerator.
Pineapple is definitely the main flavor in this Pie, with a delicious zesty bite of Orange. Overall, this is an easy, no-fuss recipe which, as I mentioned above, is huge enough for a crowd
Pineapple-Orange Cream Pie (No-Bake)
- 2 boxes Pineapple Jello ( 2 x 4 servings size boxes )
- 2 cups Boiling Water
- 3 TB Sugar
- 1 can (340g) Evaporated Milk chilled overnight ( 12 oz )
- 1 t Lemon Essence
- 1 1/2 packets (200g ea) Tennis Biscuits or Graham Crackers ( 10.5 oz )
- 1 cup Fresh Orange Juice
- Mint Leaves to top
- Orange Zest to top
- Prepare the Jello with the Boiling Water – add the Sugar and stir until dissolved – let cool, then place in the refrigerator until almost set
Meanwhile, whip the Evaporated Milk until thick – around 5 minutes – add the Lemon Essence and give the mixture another quick beating – add the almost set Jello and beat until all is well combined
- Use a 20 x 30cm ( 9 x 13 inch ) dish – dip a Biscuit in the Orange Juice and arrange a single layer on the bottom of the dish – scoop half the filling over this layer – arrange another layer of dipped biscuits over the filling
- Spoon the remaining filling over the second layer of Biscuits
- Break the remaining Biscuits (dry) roughly and sprinkle over the top – chill for 6 – 8 hours or until set
Top with Mint Leaves and Orange Zest just before serving
Top with Mint Leaves and Orange Zest just before serving.
You Might Also Like:
EASY BERRY CHEESECAKE (NO-BAKE)