Coffee Cream is a Melt-in-the-mouth, silky smooth dessert, perfect Summer dessert and a definite must have recipe for all coffee lovers – Make-Ahead friendly recipe too !
Who loves Coffee ?? Most people, I think, but I only have a cup .. maybe once every three/four months. Hubby enjoys a cup now and then, the kids – not at all.
This Coffee Cream dessert, however, we have at least once a month !
I Prefer Iced coffee, especially after a visit to the supermarket. I love the one our favorite store sells right at the entrance door, and then of course, some kind of coffee dessert.
It shouldn’t be overpowering but the coffee taste must definitely be there.
My very first food post was actually Coffee Jello’s which I love to make and definitely to eat!
A little of the coffee “sunk” to the bottom (which is now the top after I removed it from the mold) , however, the flavor is a bit stronger in the darker part but still present in the lighter part.
More Sweet Treat recipes you might like:
- Mascarpone Filled Mini Pancake Stacks
- Waffle S’mores For Dessert
- Lemon Meringue Toffees (3 Ingredients)
- Homemade Ferrero Rocher
- Strawberry Cream Pastries
Coffee Cream is a Melt-in-the-mouth, silky smooth dessert, perfect Summer dessert and a definite must have recipe for all coffee lovers - Make-Ahead friendly recipe too !
- 2 TB Gelatin Powder, plain
- 1/4 cup Cold Water
- 2 cups Fresh Cream, (double cream/whipping cream)
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar (Superfine Sugar)
- 1/2 cup Strong Coffee, (Espresso works best) – I used 2 TB Instant Coffee Powder
- Sweet, slightly Vanilla flavored Whipped Cream
- Sprinkle the Gelatin, using a small microwavable bowl, over the Water until spongy
- Meanwhile, heat the Fresh Cream, Vanilla and Caster Sugar over low heat until boiling point – remove from heat
- Dissolve the Gelatin in the microwave – it is ready when runny and clear. (30 – 60 seconds)
- Add the Gelatin together with the Hot Coffee to the Cream – stir to mix well
- Use a wet mold (at least 3 cups capacity) and pour the mixture into the mold – Refrigerate overnight to set
- Decorate and serve with Sweet Whipped Cream
adapted by me from the cookbook Lekker Vinnige Etes
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 Slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 176Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 45mgSodium 14mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 0gSugar 10gProtein 2g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Decorate and serve with Sweet Whipped Cream
Monday 12th of November 2012
I am in love with this. I am on the search for a good coffee cream for so long, since I planned a really special cake with it, and this here is the winner!
4 You With Love
Tuesday 25th of September 2012
MMMMMM this not only sounds delish but it looks beautiful
Sunday 23rd of September 2012
Wow, that is beautiful, I have never heard of a dessert like that, sounds great. Thanks for linking up on Super Sweet Sunday,Steph
Saturday 29th of September 2012
Linda,I featured your dessert today on Super Sweet Sunday. Looks so yummy.Steph
Sunday 23rd of September 2012
Looks gorgeous -- love the layered effect with no extra work! Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday!
Jessi @ Practically Functional
Wednesday 19th of September 2012
Wow yum, looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!