Coffee Cream is a Melt-in-the-mouth, silky smooth dessert, perfect Summer dessert and a definite must have recipe for all coffee lovers – Make-Ahead friendly recipe too !
Who loves Coffee ?? Most people, I think, but I only have a cup .. maybe once every three/four months. Hubby enjoys a cup now and then, the kids – not at all.
This Coffee Cream dessert, however, we have at least once a month !
I Prefer Iced coffee, especially after a visit to the supermarket. I love the one our favorite store sells right at the entrance door, and then of course, some kind of coffee dessert.
It shouldn’t be overpowering but the coffee taste must definitely be there.
My very first food post was actually Coffee Jello’s which I love to make and definitely to eat!
A little of the coffee “sunk” to the bottom (which is now the top after I removed it from the mold) , however, the flavor is a bit stronger in the darker part but still present in the lighter part.
More Sweet Treat recipes you might like:
- Mascarpone Filled Mini Pancake Stacks
- Waffle S’mores For Dessert
- Lemon Meringue Toffees (3 Ingredients)
- Homemade Ferrero Rocher
- Strawberry Cream Pastries
- 2 TB Gelatin Powder, plain
- 1/4 cup Cold Water
- 2 cups Fresh Cream, (double cream/whipping cream)
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar (Superfine Sugar)
- 1/2 cup Strong Coffee, (Espresso works best) – I used 2 TB Instant Coffee Powder
- Sweet, slightly Vanilla flavored Whipped Cream
- Sprinkle the Gelatin, using a small microwavable bowl, over the Water until spongy
- Meanwhile, heat the Fresh Cream, Vanilla and Caster Sugar over low heat until boiling point – remove from heat
- Dissolve the Gelatin in the microwave – it is ready when runny and clear. (30 – 60 seconds)
- Add the Gelatin together with the Hot Coffee to the Cream – stir to mix well
- Use a wet mold (at least 3 cups capacity) and pour the mixture into the mold – Refrigerate overnight to set
- Decorate and serve with Sweet Whipped Cream
adapted by me from the cookbook Lekker Vinnige Etes
Serving Size1 Slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 176Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 45mgSodium 14mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 0gSugar 10gProtein 2g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Decorate and serve with Sweet Whipped Cream