Coconut Caramel Pudding Pie is an easy mix and bake recipe. Gooey, sweet, coconut and caramel rich pudding, best served with custard, cream or ice-cream
I am not sure whether to call this a Pudding or a Pie. The dessert slices easily, but the center texture is more like a Pudding. Well, now we have a Coconut Caramel Pudding Pie !
It is definitely better to serve warm with ice-cream, whipped cream or even custard.
Although, the cold leftover piece the following morning went down quite well with a cup of tea 😉
The top cracks a bit, but it does not interfere when cutting into slices.
Then I decided the Pudding Pie is rich enough to serve as is, with the suggestions as mentioned above.
I like mine with a thinnish custard whereas hubby and my son prefer ice-cream. They love warm puddings and pies with ice-cream melting into the desserts (and then they go on and mash everything up as well !)
Can you see that gooey, sweet coconut caramel filling ? Absolutely divine !
Especially comforting on a chilly evening. We have had a lot of thunderstorms and rain lately, which left the evenings a little cold. Very unusual for Gauteng at this time of Summer.
Usually, most of the rain would have dropped to maybe once a week, as we have Summer rains, but this year round, the rain just kept coming.
Before we get on to the recipe, just a tiny note on the baking: start watching the Pie after 30 minutes in the oven. If it browns too quickly, place a loose piece of aluminum foil (shiny side up) over the baking dessert.
More Dessert recipes you might like:
- Gooey Coconut Pineapple Butter Cake
- Chocolate Caramel
- Microwave Berries Cheesecake
- Baked Custard
- Milk Tart Cookie Cups
Coconut Caramel Pudding Pie
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 t Baking Powder
- 1 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 t Caramel Essence, or Vanilla Essence
- 4 Eggs, large, lightly beaten
- 2 cups Milk, full cream
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup Soft Caramels, broken into pieces
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a pie dish with cooking oil
- Combine the first 8 Ingredients – beat on medium until well mixed
- Stir in the Caramel pieces – transfer to the prepared pie dish – bake 45 – 50 minutes until golden and set
- Remove from the oven and let stand at least 5 minutes before slicing. (the top might crack a bit – it’s normal) - Serve
Serving Size1 Slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 415Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 134mgSodium 172mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 1gSugar 39gProtein 7g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve the Coconut Caramel Pudding warm with Custard, whipped Cream or Ice-Cream.