ONLY 3 Ingredients in this gooey, delicious Caramel filling and the Mini Caramel Pies are ready in minutes !
These Mini Caramel Pies were supposed to be one standard size Pie. But unfortunately the lady from our local baking supply store, had some bad news for us regarding the larger baked Pie Shells.
I get all my mini pie shells as well as some other goodies from them, as they use private bakers who make these at home – always fresh and always nicely packaged.
Unfortunately and very sadly, the lady who baked the larger Pie Shells has passed away recently and I so loved her baking. One could see she made it with love, as the price was on the low side, therefore I take it she did not bake to become rich, but purely for the love of baking.
Anyhow, I had my mind set on Caramel Pie, and if it had to be in mini size, well, sometimes that is even better !
I use this recipe for the Caramel filling in so many ways, from truffles to whirling it through Vanilla Ice-Cream to Pies.
The Caramel filling tastes almost just the same as what we have in SA, the Nestle Caramel Treat. Which in some countries are unavailable and you have to actually cook/boil/slow-cook a can of Sweetened Condensed Milk for hours to get just about the same taste and texture as my version of a quick Caramel filling.
You can also use the cooked Caramel as a topping or a sweet layer in desserts without baking. After cooking, the Caramel is already quite thick and baking only sets it a little more with a tiny bit of added chewiness, which I like in a Pie.
I took a bite out of the one on the right, in the photo below – heavenly!
Mini Caramel Pies
- 30 Ready-made Mini Pie Crusts
- 1 can (397g) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 cup Golden Syrup or Treacle
- 2 TB Butter
- Whipped Cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – place the Ready-made Mini Pie Crusts on a lined baking sheet
- Bring to the boil the Condensed Milk, Syrup and Butter – stir until the Butter has melted – reduce heat to a lower heat and let simmer 5 – 10 minutes or until the Caramel has thickened and is a light golden caramel color – stir once every minute
- Scoop teaspoonfuls in the Mini Pie Crusts and bake 5 minutes – remove from the oven and let cool completely
Serve with Whipped Cream and Sprinkles.
You Might Also Like: