Quick, easy and delicious Shrimp and Mushroom Casserole – serve over rice or pasta for a quick, filling week night dinner
We usually have Shrimp either as an appetizer or a snack. But this Shrimp and Mushroom Casserole makes a delicious dinner served over Jasmine Rice (or pasta!).
It is such a simple recipe, too, great for weeknights when I need to whip up something quickly. This happens quite a lot nowadays with all our loadshedding in South-Africa.
The sauce is very tasty, not too rich and the Shrimp and Mushrooms are also not drowning in it.
I do like a saucy dish, but sometimes prefer to actually taste more of the main ingredients and a little less of the sauce.
Do not leave out the Paprika ! It gives the Shrimp and Mushroom Casserole the most wonderful flavor even though it is only a teaspoonful !
Drizzled with the juice from the Lemon wedges on the side, this is a very hearty, satisfying dish and I hope you enjoy the recipe as much as our family does.
More Shrimp recipes you might also like:
Connect with us :
Shrimp and Mushroom Casserole
- 900 g Shrimp, cooked, peeled and de-veined ( 2 pounds )
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 250 g Mushrooms, sliced ( 8 oz )
- 1 TB Flour
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 t Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 1 t Paprika
- Lemon Wedges, to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – spray a medium casserole dish with cooking oil
- Arrange the Cooked Shrimp in a single layer in the casserole dish
- Heat the Butter over medium heat in a pan – saute the Mushrooms until light golden – remove from the heat and stir in the Flour, covering the Mushrooms
- Combine the Sour Cream, Soy Sauce and Parmesan Cheese – add to the Mushrooms and stir well – pour over the Shrimp in the casserole dish
- Sprinkle with Paprika and bake, uncovered, for 10 – 12 minutes until bubbly
Amount Per Serving Calories 562.1Total Fat 37.2gSaturated Fat 22gUnsaturated Fat 12.2gCarbohydrates 6.4gFiber 3.7gSugar 3.3gProtein 51.9g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve immediately with Lemon Wedges over Jasmine Rice or Pasta and a side salad or vegetable.