Chicken and Bacon Spaghetti Pie is a rich, filling and comforting pasta dinner. Chicken, bacon, cheese and more make this dish a winner on busy week nights.
There is so much (great!) good going on in this Chicken and Bacon Spaghetti Pie ! It has become one of our number one dinners after the first pie was baked a couple of weeks ago.
Yes, I have made it again, and again in only a few weeks. Mushrooms, celery, cheese … delicious combination !
I know many of you might want to use a rotisserie chicken, which of course you could. BUT … the way these fillets are cooked in all those wonderful spices and herbs, gives this dish it’s amazing flavor to start with.
Also, the retained liquid from the chicken is so much better than ordinary chicken stock or something similar.
The dish puffs up quite a bit whilst baking, therefore take care to use a large oven dish which is deep enough for some puffing which will happen as I am sure you do not want a mess in your oven.
More Pasta dinner recipes you might like:
- Amish Country Casserole
- Three Cheese Stuffed Pasta Shells
- Quick Pasta Casserole
- Quick White Cheddar and Bacon Pasta
- Mothership Macaroni and Cheese
Chicken and Bacon Spaghetti Pie
- 675 g Chicken Fillets ( 1 1/2 pounds )
- 1 1/2 t Salt
- 1/2 t Dried Mixed Herbs
- 1/2 t Ground Cloves
- 1/2 t Ground Coriander
- 1/2 t Ground Ginger
- 1/2 t Black Pepper
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 250 g Spaghetti ( 8 oz )
- 250 g Bacon Bits ( 8 oz )
- 2 Onions, medium, chopped
- 250 g Mushrooms, sliced ( 8 oz )
- 1/4 cup Celery, ribs only, chopped
- 2 TB Parsley, chopped
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- 6 Eggs, large
- 3 cups Milk
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – spray a large oven dish with cooking oil
- Place the Chicken in a medium saucepan, together with all the Spices, Herbs and Chicken Stock – cook until the Chicken is done – remove the Chicken and shred the meat (retain one cup of the liquid)
- Cook the Spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet
- Meanwhile, stir-fry the Bacon, Onions, Mushrooms and Celery until the Bacon is done and the Vegetables soft
- Combine the Chicken, Spaghetti, retained liquid from the Chicken and Parsley with the Bacon mixture
- Scoop half of this mixture into the prepared oven dish – layer with half the Mozzarella – repeat
- Beat together the Eggs, Milk and season to taste with Sal and Pepper – pour over the Spaghetti mixture – bake 45 – 60 minutes or until the Egg mixture has set
Serving Size1 Adult size
Amount Per Serving Calories 545.8Total Fat 23.8gSaturated Fat 12gUnsaturated Fat 6.2gCarbohydrates 41.2gFiber 2.7gSugar 3.7gProtein 45.1g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve with a side or a salad or two.