Everyday ingredients in this Quick Pasta Casserole for a delicious all seasons dinner – ready in a flash !
We love this Quick Pasta Casserole – any time, any season ! Add a crunchy salad or two and we are set for dinner, usually with some leftovers as well, as we are only three adults, but my son likes to take any leftovers to work for lunch, therefore, no wasting of good food.
The recipe is for four adults, or two adults and four children which makes it a very economical dish, especially for larger families.
My husband has now just about taken over all the cooking, with me standing by showing him what to do if it is one of my recipes we’re having for dinner or now and then a brunch. ( I like to keep an eye on things in the kitchen ! )
But, unfortunately due to my ongoing condition, these days he has to come up with something himself. And he is getting very good at it to be honest !
Of course he has made his own dishes for years, so it is not like he is suddenly thrown into the kitchen and has to start from scratch learning how to cook.
This Quick Pasta Casserole is one of his personal favorites and it has become very popular with the whole family from day one. Which by the way he has made for years already.
It is such a simple, straight forward recipe with normal everyday ingredients and is ready in a flash. Not sure why I have never thought of sharing this before.
One thing that really makes this Casserole so great, is that the Green Bell Pepper barely gets cooked. There must still be a nice crunch to it. Hubby made sure to tell me to mention this !
Quick Pasta Casserole
- 500 g Fusilli Pasta cooked and drained (raw weight – 16 oz)
- 1 TB Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 250 g Mushrooms sliced ( 8 oz )
- 450 g Lean Ground Beef ( 1 pound )
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste, (remember the Sauce is also salty)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 KNORR Savory Cook-In Sauce
- Water as per KNORR packet
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a large casserole dish with cooking oil
- Heat the Oil in a large skillet – saute the Onion and Mushrooms until soft and golden
Stir in the Ground Beef and cook until done – season to taste with Salt and Black Pepper
Add the Green Bell Pepper, KNORR Savory sauce and Water – stir well and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes
- Combine the Meat mixture and the cooked Pasta – transfer to the prepared casserole dish
- Sprinkle over the Cheese and bake 15 – 20 minutes until heated through and Cheese has melted
Serve with a salad or two on the side
You Might Also Like: