This Mothership Macaroni and Cheese IS worthy of the name ! Loaded with vegetables, two cheeses and perfect for feeding a crowd
What a name ?! As soon as I had seen the name of this recipe on a local supermarket’s recipe website, I knew I had to try it.
Who wouldn’t go for a recipe called a Mothership Macaroni and Cheese ?
I am not sure whether the name relates to actually feeding a Mothership full of aliens ! Or all of the oh, so great ingredients.
However, we absolutely love this Mac and Cheese which I only adapted slightly to suit my family’s taste buds.
Best part … there are so many vegetables slipped in without making it taste like a casserole.
Just a very overloaded, scrumptious pasta dish.
The first time I made this Mothership Macaroni and Cheese , I did not know what to expect.
Most certainly not a dish suitable to feed 6 – 8 adults – with leftovers !
After the first batch, I started to half the recipe and it was still enough for 4 adults and leftovers for the lunchbox.
I am sharing the full-size recipe below. Therefore if you have more kids to feed than adults, this dish can easily be stretched to around 10 servings.
More Pasta recipes you might like:
- Quick White Cheddar and Bacon Pasta
- Amish Country Casserole
- Quick Pasta Casserole
- Macaroni Cheese and Tuna
- Creamiest Cheese Mac and Bacon
Connect with us :
Mothership Macaroni And Cheese
- 500 g Macaroni, (raw weight) cooked and drained ( 16 oz )
- 2 TB Vegetable Oil
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups Chorizo Sausages, cubed
- 2 cups Butternut Squash, cubed into small pieces
- 250 g Mushrooms, halved or quartered ( 8 oz )
- 250 g Baby Tomatoes ( 8 oz )
- 3 Feta Wheels, cubed
- 1 cup White Sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 3 cups Cheddar, grated
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 TB Parsley, or Basil, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a large oven casserole dish with cooking oil
- Heat the Oil in a large pan or wok – stir-fry the Onions, Chorizo, Butternut, Mushrooms and Tomatoes until the Butternut is just tender - turn off the heat
- Add the cooked Macaroni and Feta to the Chorizo mixture in the pan/wok – mix well – stir in the White Sauce and half the Cheddar – season to taste with Salt and Pepper
- Transfer to the prepared oven dish and sprinkle with the remaining Cheddar – bake 10 – 15 minutes until the dish is heated through and the Cheddar is bubbly
- Sprinkle with Parsley or Basil and serve
Serving Size1 Adult sized serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 597.1Total Fat 31.4gSaturated Fat 18.4gUnsaturated Fat 10gCarbohydrates 53.6gFiber 4.5gSugar 5.9gProtein 26g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve with a side or salad. However, do remember this is a very rich, hearty meal !
Don’t forget to PIN for later !