Chicken Sundried Tomato and Mozzarella Pasta is a creamy, delicious and so full of flavor, large pasta dish recipe. Enough to feed a crowd !
I can not begin to tell you how delicious this Chicken Sundried Tomato and Mozzarella Pasta is. This is one of those meals where you just can not stop eating until it is all gone.
The Sundried Tomatoes and Mushrooms are a great combination and teamed up with Chicken and mix it all in a pasta, you have one very delightful meal which the whole family would love.
To make it extra special, the Cottage Cheese layer just under the Mozzarella makes the dish creamy – not too much, just enough.
I used a Cheese Sauce made from a packet, but instead of adding boiling water, I prepared mine with Milk. You can use any Cheese Sauce you like, home made, ready made from the store or from a dry mix as I did.
Want saucier ? Simply add more Cheese Sauce until you are happy 😉
Chicken Sundried Tomato And Mozzarella Pasta
Chicken Sundried Tomato and Mozzarella Pasta is a creamy, delicious and so full of flavor, large pasta dish recipe.
- 450 g Chicken Fillets ( 1 pound )
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1-2 TB Olive Oil
- 500 g Fusilli Pasta ( 16 oz )
- 1 TB Olive Oil
- 2 t Fresh Garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup Sundried Tomatoes chopped
- 250 g Mushrooms sliced ( 8 oz )
- 1 cup Cheese Sauce homemade or store-bought
- 1/4 cup Double Cream
- 1 cup Smooth Cottage Cheese plain
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese grated
- Season the Chicken Fillets with Salt and Pepper – heat the some Olive Oil in a griddle pan and grill until done – cut into strips and set aside
- Meanwhile, cook the Pasta as per the instructions on the packet – drain and return to saucepan
- Heat the 1 TB Olive Oil in a pan – saute the Garlic and Tomatoes for 1 minute – add the Mushrooms and stir-fry until soft
- Stir in the Cheese Sauce and Cream – heat through – add to the Pasta together with the Chicken strips
Spoon mixture into a large oven dish, sprayed with cooking oil
- Spread the Cottage Cheese over the pasta – sprinkle with the Mozzarella Cheese
- Place under the oven grill and grill until the Cheese has melted and turns light brown
Serve immediately with salads or a vegetable side or two.