Ginger Ale (Sugar-Free) is a concentrated syrup. Quick, easy and delicious on a hot Summer’s day – just add Soda or Sparkling Water!
So, the other day I shared with you how to Re-Cycle a Vinegar Bottle and I promised to tell what I have filled it with.
Delicious, and oh so refreshing Ginger Ale which is also Sugar-Free ! Now, that is a recipe worth the wait, don’t you think?
I made some Sparkling Mint Lemonade recently, and just afterwards, my son asked when am I going to make some Ginger Ale.
Well, on that same day I was doing my usual rounds on the internet (also known as stalking!).
And found this recipe on one of our local magazine’s digital recipe sites. I took it to be a sign, as I have not seen a Ginger Ale recipe for ages, and immediately got everything together to whip up a batch.
I actually made two batches, mine and my daughter’s: Sugar-Free ! And instead of using Stevia, I used 4 cups of Sugar to make a batch for hubby and and my son.
To me, both taste the same, but, yes, they can apparently taste the difference between real sugar and Stevia. Which is also a natural, organic sweetener, but try telling them that!
More Drink recipes you might like:
Ginger Ale (Sugar-Free)
GINGER ALE SYRUP:
- 4 cups Water
- 1 cup Fresh Ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup Stevia Sweetener, **see note below*
- 1 Lemon, juice and grate the peel
- Soda Water or Sparkling Water to top up
- Place the Water, Ginger, Sweetener and grated Lemon Peel in a large saucepan – bring to the boil and then lower heat to medium – simmer 20 minutes
- Remove from heat, let cool completely and transfer to a sealed container – refrigerate at least two days (or more – the longer the better)
- Add the Lemon Juice and stir well – pour the syrup through a strainer and discard the pieces
- Pour 2 – 4 tablespoons of the Syrup into a tall glass and top up with Soda Water or Sparkling Water and ice – serve well chilled
- Substitute the Stevia with 4 cups Sugar for a non Sugar-Free concentrate
- Keep syrup in a sealed container in the refrigerator
Amount Per Serving Calories 1Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g
Nutrition value is not always accurate Based on 2 tablespoons of syrup used