Ginger Ale (Sugar-Free) is a concentrated syrup. Quick, easy and delicious on a hot Summer’s day – just add Soda or Sparkling Water!
So, the other day I shared with you how to Re-Cycle a Vinegar Bottle and I promised to tell what I have filled it with.
Delicious, and oh so refreshing Ginger Ale which is also Sugar-Free ! Now, that is a recipe worth the wait, don’t you think?
I made some Sparkling Mint Lemonade recently, and just afterwards, my son asked when am I going to make some Ginger Ale.
Well, on that same day I was doing my usual rounds on the internet (also known as stalking!).
And found this recipe on one of our local magazine’s digital recipe sites. I took it to be a sign, as I have not seen a Ginger Ale recipe for ages, and immediately got everything together to whip up a batch.
I actually made two batches, mine and my daughter’s: Sugar-Free ! And instead of using Stevia, I used 4 cups of Sugar to make a batch for hubby and and my son.
To me, both taste the same, but, yes, they can apparently taste the difference between real sugar and Stevia. Which is also a natural, organic sweetener, but try telling them that!
More Drink recipes you might like:
Ginger Ale (Sugar-Free)
GINGER ALE SYRUP:
- 4 cups Water
- 1 cup Fresh Ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup Stevia Sweetener, **see note below*
- 1 Lemon, juice and grate the peel
- Soda Water or Sparkling Water to top up
- Place the Water, Ginger, Sweetener and grated Lemon Peel in a large saucepan – bring to the boil and then lower heat to medium – simmer 20 minutes
- Remove from heat, let cool completely and transfer to a sealed container – refrigerate at least two days (or more – the longer the better)
- Add the Lemon Juice and stir well – pour the syrup through a strainer and discard the pieces
- Pour 2 – 4 tablespoons of the Syrup into a tall glass and top up with Soda Water or Sparkling Water and ice – serve well chilled
- Substitute the Stevia with 4 cups Sugar for a non Sugar-Free concentrate
- Keep syrup in a sealed container in the refrigerator
Nutrition InformationYield 80 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 1Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g
Nutrition value is not always accurate Based on 2 tablespoons of syrup used