Best recipe for concentrated syrup to make your own Sparkling Mint Lemonade at home. Adults and kids love this and is always a refreshing winner
I love lemonade, especially homemade lemonade and this Sparkling Mint Lemonade recipe is the best I have ever made at home.
Usually, lemonade might give some people heartburn. But since this recipe contains ginger as well, it is just the drink for heartburn sensitive drinkers.
It is a syrup, which you only use a small amount of and top it off with Soda Water.
Or even better, Sparkling Water. I am not sure exactly what causes the difference, I only know it tastes different – both delicious – therefore your preference !
I have made several batches already. And even though our weather is starting to cool down a little, I know I would be making this throughout Winter.
Because I tend to drink cold drinks, including iced coffee, all the time. I would have a hot drink now and then, but that is the exception.
The quantities of Water and Syrup are really up to your personal preference. I like it not too strong, whereas, hubby prefers his stronger.
More Drink recipes you might like:
Sparkling Mint Lemonade
- 4 cups Fresh Mint Leaves, chopped roughly
- 4 cups Lemon Juice
- 4 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Fresh Ginger, peeled and chopped roughly
- Soda Water or Sparkling Water, to top up
- Place the Mint, Juice, Sugar and Ginger in a large saucepan – bring to the boil, making sure all the Sugar has dissolved, and lower heat – simmer for 10 minutes
- Remove from the heat and let cool completely
- Pour through a strainer into a suitable bottle
- TO SERVE: Use +/- 2 TB of the Syrup and top up with 3/4 cup of Soda Water/Sparkling Water and ice
Nutrition InformationYield 42 Serving Size 2 TB Syrup
Amount Per Serving Calories 81Carbohydrates 21gFiber 0.1gSugar 19gProtein 0.1g
Nutrition value is not always accurate