This comforting Amish Ham And Cheese Casserole is not only delicious, but very filling too. Besides the Ham and Cheese, the casserole is loaded with vegetables as well!
I have to admit this is the most delicious ham and cheese casserole I have ever tasted ! With added green beans and potatoes, this is one mean, filling dish.
Since I made this casserole (adapted slightly from Mr Food), I have made this Amish jewel countless times already.
My family all loves Ham, Potatoes and especially Cheese ! There can never be too much cheese in a dish for us.
Look at the creaminess and cheese ! Who can say no to a serving, or two ! Certainly not me and I usually have more than one serving.
The casserole is more than enough for 6 adults. Serve with a side salad or a vegetable and dinner is set.
Amish Ham and Cheese Casserole ingredients (full recipe futher down in the recipe card);
- Unsalted Butter
- Pasteurized Cheese, (Velveeta/Easy Melt)
- Frozen Green Beans
- Cooked Potatoes
- Cooked Ham
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
See ?? No funny, strange ingredients, all everyday ingredients !
I have to admit, I am not a great fan of pasteurized cheese (we only get them in slices), which is also known in some countries as Velveeta cheese.
However in this particular ham and cheese casserole I would never even think to use any other type of cheese.
Something else I try to do (to save time), is when I make green beans or potatoes a night or two before, I make some extra.
Whilst canned potatoes is not too bad, I really prefer cooked fresh green beans in this casserole rather than the frozen type.
More Comfort Food recipes you might like:
- Oxtail (Slow-Cooker)
- Amish Country Casserole
- Chicken Cacciatore (Dump and Bake)
- Loaded Million Dollar Casserole
- Not Your Usual Lasagna
Connect with us :
Amish Ham And Cheese Casserole
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 TB Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 450 grams Pasteurized Cheese, (Velveeta/Easy Melt) ( 1 pound ) cubed
- 250 grams Frozen Green Beans, defrosted ( 8 oz )
- 3 cups Cooked Potatoes, cubed ( or use 2 x 400 grams / canned whole potatoes - quartered )
- 4 cups Cooked Ham, cubed
- 1 t Onion Powder
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1/2 t Black Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C ( 350 deg F ) - spray a 23 x 33cm ( 9 x 13 inch ) oven dish with cooking oil
- Over medium heat, in a large saucepan, melt the Butter, stir in the Flour until smooth (like a paste)
- Add Milk and Cheese - stir until Cheese has melted - remove from heat - stir in the remaining ingredients
- Pour mixture into the prepared oven casserole dish - bake 50 minutes or until bubbly and light brown
Amount Per Serving Calories 326Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 82mgSodium 1109mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 25g
Nutrition value is not always accurate