These Bleeding Heart Halloween Shots only have two ingredients and are quick and easy to make. Perfect with a delightful kick which might make you overindulge !
MSG for 21+ years (depending on country regulations)
I prefer to serve these Bleeding Heart Shots instead of as a cocktail. For a very obvious reason too !
Both the ingredients are alcohol, even though both have it’s own ingredients. One shot is more than enough for me at a time.
The Advocaat (more about this further down) is a thick brandy based liqueur and the Cherry is of course also a liqueur.
By saying one shot is enough for me, I do not mean throughout the party ! So delicious you really might have one or five too many !
Every Shot is unique as you do not get the same look twice.
Please do remember to serve as soon as you have finished making them. Because of the lighter Cherry Liqueur it will drift to the top and create a two layer drink.
Which, of course, is perfectly fine if you do not serve the Shots for Halloween. Maybe Christmas or just about any other party.
The Avocaat reminds a bit (actually a lot!) of an Eggnog, and Cherries is always a hit around Christmas time. The layered effect would then be perfect !
What is Advocaat Spirit Cocktail ?
It is a rich, smooth and creamy cocktail, consisting of egg yolks, brandy, aromatic spirits, cream and a bit of sugar or honey as well.
Advocaat (I love the Bols brand – not an affiliate), but there are a couple of other brands available.
It was introduced in the 17th century and the country of origin is Netherlands.
More Halloween treats and eats you might like:
- Pickled Body Parts (Halloween Treat)
- Jack-O-Lantern Slimy Slush
- Blood Oozing Chocolate Apples
- Hatching Worms Pudding Bowls
- 190 More Halloween Recipes (and Decor Ideas)
Connect with us :
Bleeding Heart Halloween Shots
- 2 TB Advocaat
- 2 TB Cherry Liqueur
- Pour the Advocaat into a shot glass ( 1/4 cup size )
- Gently dip the Cherry Liqueur into the Advocaat (in a thin stream) - the Cherry Liqueur will form a marble-like look
- Serve immediately
- Do not leave to stand more than a minute otherwise the Cherry Liqueur will make a layer on top of the Advocaat (i.e you will have a layer of Advocaat topped with a layer of Cherry Liqueur)
Serving Size1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 142Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 0gSugar 13gProtein 0g
Nutrition value is not always accurate