Last minute Halloween sweet treat ! These Spider Nest Cakes are done within minutes (you can bake the cupcakes the day before or get some from the store).
In South-Africa we do not really do Halloween. Meaning trick or treating.
You might find a restaurant here and there running a Halloween party, but mostly it is private little parties at home.
That makes these last minute Spider Nest Cakes a Halloween sweet treat winner for your sweets table !
This year I have no idea at all how or if, which countries would actually do the Halloween trick or treat. Or for that matter have parties.
But, little ones like scary food (most little ones I should say). And which kid does not like a party ?!?!
By using store-bought cupcakes, or making them the night before, will save you a whole lot of time.
Here is the list of what you need for the Spider Nest Cakes:
- Unfrosted Funfetti Cupcakes
- Marshmallow Fluff (you can also use a bit of ready made frosting or something similar)
- Cotton Candy (any color, but the lighter the better in order for the spider to stand out)
Keep scrolling to the recipe card with the full ingredient list as well as the instructions on how to make your own Spider Nest Cakes.
More Halloween recipes you might like:
- Hatching Worms Pudding Bowls
- Jack-O-Lantern Slimy Slush
- Bleeding Heart Halloween Shots
- Blood Oozing Chocolate Apples
- Pickled Body Parts (Halloween Treat)
Connect with us :
Spider Nest Cakes
- 12 Unfrosted Funfetti Cupcakes
- 12 t Marshmallow Fluff
- 2 Handfuls Cotton Candy
- Place a teaspoonful of Marhsmallow Fluff on top of each cupcake (see Notes below)
- Tear the Cotton Candy into 12 pieces and arrange on top of the Marshmallow Fluff (JUST before serving)
- Finish off by adding one large or 12 small plastic / edible Spiders on the cupcakes (depending on how you intend on serving)
- The topping, especially the Cotton Candy must be done just before serving
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Servings Serving Size 1 Cupcake
Amount Per Serving Calories 332Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 17mgSodium 263mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 2gSugar 40gProtein 3g
Nutrition value is not always accurate