Smoked Salmon Cucumber Appetizers are one of the most popular pairings for an appetizer. Quick to make and delicious too !
Another appetizer recipe which only takes a couple of minutes to throw together and looks very appetizing.
Smoked Salmon always looks so elegant ! No matter how you use it but especially as an appetizer, which of course is the introduction to your main meal, or part of a platter.
This is my spin on the classic Smoked Salmon Appetizer with Cream Cheese, and so well worth it !
These Smoked Salmon Cucumber Appetizers are quick and easy to make.
Only the rolling into balls of the Cream Cheese takes a little time, but that you can do well in advance.
Roll into a ball, press slightly, place in a sealed container in the refrigerator until needed.
Then simply remove the Cream Cheese once you start slicing and building your Smoked Salmon Appetizers !
Even though I serve my Smoked Salmon Cucumber Appetizers in these pretty glass appetizer spoons, I do also serve them on a platter.
The spoons for smaller gatherings, and as is, on a platter for larger gatherings. They are indeed wonderful Smoked Salmon finger food portions and hold together very well.
To make a healthier Smoked Salmon appetizer, simply use a similarly flavored Cottage Cheese instead of the Cream Cheese.
Do however, remember that Cream Cheese will hold shape better, therefore rather spread the Cottage Cheese (thickly though!) than trying to roll into balls.
A quick glance at the ingredients to make Smoked Salmon Cucumber Appetizers :
(scroll down for the full printable recipe card)
- 6 English Cucumber slices, about 4 mm thick seems to do the trick and is strong enough to hold the whole appetizer together
- 6 teaspoons Spring Onion and Chives Cream Cheese, slightly softened (to easily roll into balls and flatten) – use Cottage Cheese for a healthier option – see in post above
- 2 teaspoons Chives, chopped, plus extra to garnish – I like to add a bit of fresh herbs to the Cream Cheese for additional flavor, as well as aesthetics
- 2 Smoked Salmon Ribbons, 60 grams ( 2 oz ) – this is an approximate weight, but more or less how much you will use to make 6 appetizers
- 3 teaspoons Lemon Juice – freshly squeezed or bottled
- Black Pepper, freshly milled
More Appetizer recipes you might like:
- Baked Camembert with Honey Roasted Cherries
- Mussels In Lemon Garlic-Butter Sauce
- Avocado Ritz (Appetizer)
- Cheesy Garlic Shrimp Appetizer
- Smoked Salmon Wrapped Melon Skewers
Smoked Salmon Cucumber Appetizers
- 6 English Cucumber slices, about 4 mm thick
- 6 teaspoons Spring Onion and Chives Cream Cheese, slightly softened
- 2 teaspoons Chives, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 2 Smoked Salmon Ribbons, 60 grams ( 2 oz )
- 3 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- Black Pepper, freshly milled
- Place the Cucumber slices on a serving tray or individual serving spoons (or similar)
- Combine the Cream Cheese with the fresh, chopped Chives and roll into 6 equal sized balls - place on top of the Cucumber slices and press down slightly (as you would with a thumbprint cookie)
- Roll each Smoked Salmon Ribbon up, as with roll-ups, slice off the messy sides and slice each roll into three pieces - you will now have 6 round pieces
- Top the Cucumber / Cream Cheese with a piece of Smoked Salmon - drizzle with Lemon Juice and sprinkle with additional chopped Chives and Black Pepper
- Serve immediately
Amount Per Serving Calories 36Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 6mgSodium 214mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 3g
Nutrition value is not always accurate. Please also check your ingredient labels.