Cool down with these Healthy Frozen Fruit Snacks. Delicious bark-like, low-fat, frozen fruit and yogurt instead of a rich ice-cream – dog friendly snack too !
I always have a container of these healthy frozen fruit snacks in the freezer, especially during Summer.
Seeing as it is only myself who likes this, I never make popsicle versions, but that is definitely an alternative you might want to try.
Saying it is only myself snacking away on these, means not the other humans in the house.
My dogs (all but Chichi) like to snack with me and that is the main reason I make them more in a broken-bark-kinda snack.
It is so convenient for me to grab one ! Seeing as there is no added sugar, it is not sticky, and I can hold it in my hand.
Of course breaking off little pieces for the dogs – we normally have 3 or 4 of these at a time !
Fat-free yogurt is good for dogs, and so are the Pineapple and the Blueberries. Kiwi fruit should be given to dogs in moderation though.
Therefore, whether you are looking for a healthy, low-fat frozen treat, this is it and if you have dogs who would like a bite or three, it’s a bonus.
More Sweet Treat recipes you might like:
- Pina Colada Ice Lollies
- Peppermint Chocolate Ice-Cream Cups
- Mini Cassata Pies
- Maple Banana Pockets
- Banana Soft Serve
Connect with us :
Healthy Frozen Fruit Snacks
- 3 cups Plain Fat-Free Yogurt
- 1 Kiwi Fruits, chopped
- 1 Pineapple Ring, chopped
- 1/3 cup Blueberries
- 5 Maraschino Cherries, chopped (fresh Cherries preferable if available)
- 2 TB Honey, to drizzle
- Artificial Sweetener, optional
- Use a container, appropriate for use in the freezer, of approximately 20 x 30 cm ( 8 x 9 inch ) – line with aluminum foil and let the ends hang over the edges of the container
- Pour the Yogurt into the container – top with the Kiwi, Pineapple, Blueberries and Cherries – press fruit slightly into the Yogurt
- Drizzle with Honey (use more or less to your preference) – place in the freezer compartment and freeze until solid
- Remove the frozen Yogurt by lifting the aluminum foil – remove the foil and break into pieces
Serving Size1 piece
Amount Per Serving Calories 35Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 1mgSodium 27mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 0gSugar 6gProtein 2g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve as is, or sprinkle with Sweetener to give it an extra icy look !
Keep any leftovers in a sealed container in the freezer.