Pina Colada Ice Lollies – Boozy for the adults and non-alcoholic Pina Colada Popsicles for the kids. And a method to make a smoothie using the Ice Lollies too !
I love anything frozen, any season and these Pina Colada Ice Lollies are one of our favorite frozen desserts.
Whether I make one batch, two or more, it never lasts more than a couple of days.
Usually I would make one batch with the Rum and a second batch without. This way we can grab one early in the morning when the heat is just getting a go on during Summer.
And no matter the amount of alcohol in each of the Rum Ice Lollies, it is just not a good idea to start with one in the morning.
Kids also like to eat Ice Lollies or any ice-cream for that matter, anytime of the day and we would certainly not want them to enjoy one of the adult treats, no matter the time of day.
When we have a craving for a smoothie, I simply take a few Pina Colada Ice Lollies, remove the sticks or molds first.
Then add some Greek Yogurt (or Coconut Cream) and blitz it all together for a minute or two – chocolate drizzle and all. It makes the most wonderful smoothie to sip on next to the pool !
I made a batch once using canned pineapple, as I did not have a fresh Pineapple on hand.
Oh, big mistake, the Ice Lollies tasted watery, even after I drained the Pineapple as best I could, therefore take my advice and follow the recipe.
Use a fresh Pineapple, so, so much tastier and zing than if using canned Pineapple.
So now, you have two options of how to enjoy the Ice Lollies ! As Ice Lollies or mixed with a little Yogurt or Coconut Cream and have a Pina Colada Smoothie.
Both delicious and definitely just the right treat on a hot Summer’s day or in my case, an all season treat.
Pina Colada Ice Lollies
- 1 small Pineapple peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Coconut Rum I prefer Malibu
- 3 TB Lime Juice freshly squeezed
- 1 t Honey Maple, Golden or Corn Syrup, or to taste
- 1/4 cup Chocolate melted, to drizzle
- Blitz all the ingredients, except the Chocolate, in a blender until smooth – pour into molds and place in the freezer until solid
- Remove from the molds – drizzle over the melted Chocolate and serve immediately or keep in a sealed container in the freezer
- The Chocolate should set upon touching the frozen Ice Lollies, if not – place in the freezer for another 2 minutes before serving
LIKE A PINA COLADA COCKTAIL ?