Orange-Chocolate Loaf ~ Drenched in Orange Syrup ! This is an easy Orange-Chocolate dessert which can be served on it’s own or with a bit of cream
Chocolate is an all season treat, right? Orange might not be, but combined with Chocolate it is one of the most loved treats. This Orange-Chocolate Loaf will soon be a family favorite.
The baked Chocolate loaf is drenched in an Orange syrup, making it the ideal dessert or tea time treat to serve on it’s own.
I do like a little whipped cream with mine as the Loaf is quite sweet. A very lightly sweetened whipped cream, balances the sweetness perfectly.
My son has recently started being a huge fan of anything Orange-Chocolate. I, on the other hand am not crazy over this combination in chocolate bars.
But in a dessert ? Oh, yes, I am always game !
I serve the Loaf at room temperature during the warmer months and slightly warmer on a chilly evening.
And I might even add a scoop of Vanilla ice-cream to mine – delicious ! The ice-cream melts into the slices and taste fantastic.
This is the first time since I started baking the Orange-Chocolate Loaf, that I served it upside-down.
It is not like a loaf of bread with a round top when baked. Therefore I simply tipped it over when I transferred the loaf to the serving board – removed the lining and voila !
A bit of whipped cream and some sprinkles and the loaf was ready to serve. I prefer it the upside-down way, as it looks better.
You might also like these Chocolate treat recipes:
- Chocolate Orange Marble Cake
- Magic Chocolate Custard Bars
- Mini Mexican Chocolate Bundts
- “Unbeetable” Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/4 cup Caster Sugar (Superfine Sugar)
- 3 large Eggs
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 TB Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 t Baking Powder
- 1/4 t Salt
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 TB Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 cup Orange Juice
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – line and spray a medium loaf pan with cooking oil
- Beat together the Butter and Caster Sugar until light and creamy – add the Eggs one-by-one, beating after each addition
- In a separate bowl, sift together the Flour, Cocoa, Baking Powder and Salt – fold into the Butter mixture and stir in the Chocolate Chips – pour batter into the prepared pan
- Bake 55 – 60 minutes or until a tester comes out clean – remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes
- Meanwhile make the Sauce : Boil together the Sugar, Butter and Orange Juice, stirring regularly, for about 3 – 5 minutes until syrupy
- Leaving the loaf in the pan – cut small slits in the top – pour over the Orange Sauce and let stand until cooled
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with whipped cream or as is
Amount Per Serving Calories 498.5Total Fat 24.1gSaturated Fat 14.6gUnsaturated Fat 7.7gCarbohydrates 68.6gFiber 1.4g