Honey Garlic Chicken made at home is SO much better and tastier than from any restaurant and makes a perfect, quick dinner, especially on a busy week night.
If you have never tried Honey Garlic Chicken , now is definitely the time. We used to have a few good Asian take-away restaurants close to home, but they have all disappeared to the bigger malls, which I so hate going to.
I had seen various recipes for something similar, with a small change here and there, but I never looked closely at any of them.
Boy, was I surprised when I realized exactly what I was making ! One of my old favorites which I always, but always ordered at one of our Chinese Restaurants.
The meal looks so simple, but it is packed with flavor, and other than Basmati Rice (or your favorite), this makes a delicious dinner.
We have had it a couple of times already, and it always comes out perfectly.
And because it is such a simple, uncomplicated recipe, I love it even more…. and perhaps more important – no strange, unheard of ingredients, which I often find in Asian cuisine.
Honey Garlic Chicken
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 t Baking Powder
- 1/2 t Salt
- 3/4 cup Water
- Vegetable Oil for deep frying
- 450 g Chicken Fillets cubed into bite-sized pieces ( 1 pound )
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 t Fresh Garlic crushed or minced
- 1/4 t Soy Sauce
- 2 TB Sesame Seeds toasted
- Basmati Rice cooked
- Spring Onions chopped
- Mix together the Flour, Baking Powder, Salt and Water – set aside
Heat the Oil to a medium heat – dunk each piece of Chicken in the batter and fry in batches (2 – 3 minutes per batch) until done – after frying place on a paper towel to drain and transfer to a heat proof dish
- In a small saucepan, heat the Honey, Garlic and Soy Sauce until runny – pour over the fried Chicken and gently stir through – let stand a minute or so to soak into the Chicken
- Spoon the Chicken over Rice, sprinkle with the Sesame Seeds and Spring Onions
Spoon the Chicken over Rice, sprinkle with the Sesame Seeds and Spring Onions.
You Might Also Like: