Garlic Bread Pizza, with gooey Cheese, Pesto and more tastes like a slice of Pizza ! Perfect weekend snack or serve as a side to a BBQ, an appetizer or add deli meat for a filling Lunch
I have a wonderful, easy recipe for you to try this weekend. Most of us love Pizza right ?
This Garlic Bread Pizza recipe (semi-homemade) can be served in so many ways and it is extremely quick to put together.
In general we are huge Garlic Bread lovers and most of the time one would be our appetizer during the week, but it also makes a lovely anytime-of-the-day snack.
We have our dinner fairly early in the day. Which always makes us a bit peckish later on – perfect to quickly throw this Garlic Bread together.
If you do not want to serve it as a side to a meat dish, but instead a snack, you could always add your favorite deli meat.
And you would not only have a snack, but a snack filling enough to be served for lunch. Which I do now and then over weekends, with a crunchy side salad.
When I serve these scrumptious slices, with the oh so gooey cheese, as an appetizer I add a Pizza sauce for dipping – amazing treat !
I do not know about you, but I prefer my Pizza cold the following morning. This is at the odd occasion when we actually have leftovers !
Microwaving or even warming it up in my small toaster oven is just not the same.
These slices of Pizza Garlic Bread is also better cold the next day than warmed up.
But that is only me – you enjoy it the way you like.
More Snack recipes you might like :
- Potato Pizzas
- Chili Beef Samoosas
- Crumbed Mushrooms with Blue Cheese Sauce
- Chili Bites
- Bacon And Cheese Bread
Garlic Bread Pizza
- 1 French Baguette, long
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Garlic, crushed or minced
- 1/3 cup Basil Pesto
- 13 slices Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Large Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F)
- Make 13 cuts, equally spaced, in the Baguette, not all the way though though – place on a large piece of aluminum foil ( big enough so that you can wrap the Bread later )
- Combine the Garlic and Pesto – add a dollop into each slit
- Slide in a Mozzarella slice followed by a Tomato slice, into each slit
- Fold over the aluminum foil and close the ends – place on a baking sheet, or as is, and bake 20 minutes – open up the aluminum foil and bake another 5 – 8 minutes until the Cheese is fully melted and the bread is golden
Nutrition InformationYield 15 Serving Size 1 Slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 167Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 21mgSodium 313mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 9g
Nutrition value is not always accurate. Please also check your ingredient labels.