How to easily make Crumbed Mushrooms at home with a creamy Blue Cheese dipping Sauce (not a fan of Blue Cheese – use your favorite sauce!)
One of our favorite appetizers at our one local restaurant is crumbed mushrooms. I decided to make some myself and these Crumbed Mushrooms with Blue Cheese Sauce were born.
As an appetizer, these are not too rich to spoil your appetite for the main meal.
And if you serve them as a snack, either alone with the Blue Cheese Sauce or on a savory platter with different sauces, they will be gobbled up in no time at all.
Deep-fried to perfection ! The outside is crispy and the Mushroom on the inside, tender and just cooked. Each bite also results in a juicy business – scrumptious ..
I love Blue Cheese, so for me, my first choice is usually a Blue Cheese dipping sauce. Made differently each time, depending on the dish it will be used with.
You can of course use your own favorite dipping sauce if Blue Cheese is not really your thing. Tartare Sauce is also great to serve with these Crumbed Mushrooms.
However, if you do decide to use this Blue Cheese Sauce, it is a thinnish dipping sauce, but goes excellent with not only the Mushrooms, but also with potato chips and raw veggies.
More Appetizer recipes you might like:
- Mussels In Lemon Garlic-Butter Sauce
- Creamy Dill Mushrooms
- Smoked Salmon Wrapped Melon Skewers
- Easy Charcuterie Board To Make Within Minutes
- Shrimp Springrolls
Crumbed Mushrooms With Blue Cheese Sauce
- 2 cups Fresh Breadcrumbs
- 3 TB Parsley, chopped
- 3 cups Button Mushrooms, wiped clean
- 3 TB Flour
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten, in a small bowl
- Oil, for deep-frying
BLUE CHEESE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 1 TB Chives, chopped
- 1 TB Onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Yogurt, plain
- Black Pepper, to taste
- Combine the Breadcrumbs, Parsley and Salt in a small bowl – set aside
- Dip the Mushrooms in the Water and immediately dust with Flour – dip into the Egg and finally in the Breadcrumb mixture – place on a wax paper lined baking dish and place in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes
- Meanwhile heat the Oil for deep-frying – fry the crumbed Mushrooms in 3 or 4 batches until golden (about 3 minutes) – place on paper towel to drain and transfer to a serving dish
BLUE CHEESE SAUCE:
- Blend together all the ingredients for the Sauce in a blender and season to taste with Black Pepper – pour into a serving bowl (you can make the sauce in advance – it will only thicken slightly when chilled)
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 289Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 73mgSodium 447mgCarbohydrates 37gFiber 4gSugar 7gProtein 14g
Nutrition value is not always accurate