This Easter Hot Chocolate is rich, smooth and tastes just like a melted Easter Egg ! Another great way to use up leftover Easter Eggs
Not too thick, but creamy and smooth Easter Hot Chocolate is perfect world wide this time of the year.
And the Hot Chocolate tastes just like melted Easter Eggs ! Which I love the unique taste of of course.
All the sweetness also come from the Chocolate eggs stirred in. Therefore, do not add any sugar until you taste the mixture during or after cooking.
I left mine as is, no added sugar, and even hubby, who loves his sugar, loved the Easter hot chocolate as is.
Nowadays we never know how the weather will behave. Fall/Autumn started on the first of March in South-Africa.
One day the mornings would be cool and other mornings quite warm, even hot. Same with the evenings.
That is where I love this Easter hot chocolate ! It is also so quick and easy to make too. Want to make more than one serving ? Simply double the recipe.
You need not stop at doubling. Multiply the quantity of the ingredients by how many servings you need and there you go ! Hot chocolate with Easter Eggs for everyone.
NOTE: If you are using wrapped hollow mini eggs, do remove the wrapping beforehand as it is a bit time consuming, even if making only one serving.
My toppings have never been the same, and I have made this Easter Hot Chocolate a couple of times already this year.
My granddaughter is not a huge fan of marshmallows, therefore I normally leave them out for her. However, we enjoy ours with the mini Marshmallows.
Hot Chocolate Topping ideas :
- Whipped Cream ! (Definitely a must in my book)
- Mini Marshmallows
- Hollow Easter Eggs crumbled
- Speckled Easter Eggs
- Chocolate filled mini Round Candies
- Pinch of cocoa powder
- Chocolate Syrup, drizzled over
More Easter recipes you might like:
- No Yeast Hot Cross Buns
- Easter Blondies
- Cadbury Creme Egg Poke Cake
- Easter Rocky Road
- Cadbury Creme Egg Cakes
Easter Hot Chocolate
- 200 ml Milk, ( 7 fl oz )
- 1/2 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 100 grams Hollow Easter Chocolates, broken into smaller pieces ( 3.5 oz )
- 3 tablespoons Whipped Cream
- 4 small Speckled Easter Eggs, see Notes
- 2 Hollow mini Easter Eggs, broken, see Notes
- Pour the Milk into a small saucepan - stir in the Cocoa Powder over medium heat - stir until the Milk and Cocoa are mixed well
- Add the 100 grams Hollow mini Egg pieces and stir continuously until the Chocolate has melted, and the Hot Chocolate is steaming
- Pour into a heated, heat proof mug (heat by adding boiling water and discard water before pouring in the Hot Chocolate
- Pipe or spoon over the Whipped Cream and sprinkle over the Easter Eggs - serve immediately
- Topping ideas : mini marshmallows, hollow Easter egg crumbled, Easter speckled eggs, sprinkles, chocolate filled mini round candies, pinch of cocoa powder, chocolate syrup drizzle
Serving Size1 Serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 965Total Fat 55gSaturated Fat 29gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 798mgSodium 474mgCarbohydrates 74gFiber 4gSugar 53gProtein 41g
Nutrition value is not always accurate