This Carrot Cake Loaf recipe is the best homemade version I have ever had. With fresh carrots, spices and a cream cheese frosting, it is always a winner.
Carrot loaf cake is one of my favorite cakes ! This recipe for the Carrot cake turns out so moist.
And you can make it up to three days in advance !
If making in advance, wrap the loaf in cling wrap, unfrosted, and frost when ready to serve. Best to serve at room temperature.
Can you freeze the Carrot Cake Loaf ?
Yes, absolutely ! Just another bonus that you can freeze the cake (as above, with cling wrap, no frosting) and the cake will last for two to three months.
Just look at that ! You can actually see the moistness of the Carrot Cake Loaf.
And the smell whilst baking, and after, is absolutely divine. Cinnamon and Nutmeg is always a great combination.
You can also use any icing/frosting on the cake loaf. Even store-bought, ready-to-use is fine. That is because the cake takes the show and not the topping.
Also, use any decorations you wish. My granddaughter helped me bake the cake and she decided (just about the whole loaf) should be covered in the mini fondant carrots.
Carrot Cake Loaf is also not only for Easter even though it is a very popular dessert during Easter.
Make the cake whenever you have a craving for Carrot cake or need to take a dessert to a tea party.
I know from experience that Carrot cakes, especially frosted with Cream Cheese always goes first ! As a tea time treat and also at craft markets which specializes in cakes.
Homemade Carrot Cake Loaf is the best, as I have seen in stores, prices only rising and quality dropping.
More Cake recipes you might like:
- Orange Juice Cake
- Amarula Chocolate Caramel Cake
- Magic Chocolate Custard Cake
- Apple Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Moist Pineapple Holiday Cake
Carrot Cake Loaf
- 175 ml Vegetable Oil, ( 6.16 fl oz )
- 1/2 cup Plain Full Fat Yogurt
- 3 extra-large Eggs
- 1 t Vanilla Essence
- 1 1/4 cup Self-Raising Flour
- 2 cups Muscovado Sugar, packed
- 2 t Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 t Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 t Salt
- 2 cups Carrots, finely grated
- 1 cup Raisins, or Sultanas
- 1/3 cup Pistachio Nuts, chopped finely, divided
- 100 grams Unsalted Butter, ( 3.5 oz )
- 1 3/4 cups Icing Sugar, (Powdered Sugar)
- 1/2 cup Full-Fat Cream Cheese, plain, softened (medium fat works just as well)
- 10 small Fondant Carrots, to decorate
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C ( 350 deg F ) - spray a medium bread baking tin with cooking oil and line the bottom
- Whisk together the Oil, Yogurt, Eggs and Vanilla in a medium mixing bowl
- Combine the Flour, Sugar, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Salt in a large mixing bowl - break up any sugar clumps with your fingers
- Add the Oil mixture to the Flour mixture, together with the Carrots, Raisins and 3/4 of the Pistachios - stir well to combine
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a tester comes out clean
- Leave to cool in the baking tin - transfer to a serving plate
- Meanwhile beat together the Butter and Icing Sugar - add half the Cream Cheese and beat again till smooth - repeat with the other half of Cream Cheese
- Spread over the loaf - sprinkle with the remaining Pistachio Nuts and decorate with small Fondant Carrots
- Serve at room temperature
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 - 5 days
- The cake is actually better the next day !
Serving Size1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 808Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 21gCholesterol 105mgSodium 330mgCarbohydrates 127gFiber 3gSugar 104gProtein 7g
Nutrition value is not always accurate