Moist Pineapple Holiday Cake with an amazing Pudding Cream Pineapple Frosting. This is one holiday cake you simply have to make !
When I say this Moist Pineapple Holiday Cake is moist, I mean it is really, really moist and bursting with Pineapple in every bite – from the cake straight through to the amazing frosting.
And yet again, this is a wonderfully easy recipe starting with a cake mix. You can use any brand as long as it is either Vanilla or Yellow cake mix.
I have even tried it once with a cake mix brand I am not particularly fond of, but was the only box I had, and it turned out just as delicious as when I use my favorite brands.
The Pineapple is added to the cake mix with the juices and that’s where all the moisture comes from. I just love a cake, or any sweet treat, with all these tropical tastes this time of the year.
It also helps, of course, that we are two weeks into Summer as well as in the middle of the Festive season where just about any kind of treat, sweet or savory is highly in demand.
And don’t let me start with the frosting ! Absolutely divine !
No icing sugar or cream cheese in this one. Fresh cream beaten together with a box of pudding and more pineapple and it holds up 100% !
My daughter was just on her way the other Sunday, when I’d finished frosting the cake. I cut the cake in half as it was only hubby and I at home for dinner that evening, and sent it home with her.
Not long after, she texted me saying everyone fell in love with the cake. This cake is a regular on our dessert menu, holidays or not.
I bake mine in a bundt pan, two round pans, or a large square cake pan.
It makes no difference which you decide to use. However, I prefer the bundt pan as there is more open areas for the frosting… did I mention how amazing the frosting is ?
More Cake recipes you might like:
- Banana Pudding Cake
- Million Dollar Pound Cake
- Orange Juice Cake
- Magic Chocolate Custard Cake
- Amarula Cake
Moist Pineapple Holiday Cake
- 1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix, (or Yellow Cake mix)
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 can (410g) Crushed Pineapple, keep undrained
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Fresh Cream, (double cream/whipping cream)
- 1 box Instant Vanilla Pudding, (4 servings size box)
- 1 can (410g) Crushed Pineapple, drained, but retain liquid
- 1/3 cup Red and Green Glace Cherries, whole, halved or chopped
- 1/4 cup Pecan Nuts, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a bundt pan with cooking oil
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the Cake Mix, Butter, can of Pineapple (with juice) and the Eggs for 2 minutes on high – transfer to the prepared pan and bake 35 – 40 minutes or until done
- Cool the cake 10 minutes in the pan – transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely
- Meanwhile, make the Frosting : Whip the Fresh Cream until stiff peaks form – add the Vanilla Pudding – beat another minute – add the drained Pineapple plus 1/2 cup of the retained juice (if it’s not enough – fill up with Water to make 1/3 cup) – beat another 2 minutes – chill until ready to use
Once the Cake has cooled completely, spread over the Frosting – decorate with Glace Cherries and sprinkle over the Pecan Nuts
Amount Per Serving Calories 365Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 89mgSodium 355mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 1gSugar 25gProtein 4g
Nutrition value is not always accurate