Mocha Mousse Bars have a gooey chocolate crust, with the smoothest of smooth coffee flavored mousse ! Absolutely outstanding and perfect for entertaining or as an everyday dessert.
We finished the first Mocha Mousse Bars batch in no time at all. And I am not even a huge fan of coffee in general.
The mousse takes a few hours to set, but once it is set, it is so creamy.
When you take the Mousse Bars out of the refrigerator, serve it immediately as the mousse would soften if left out too long.
This is really the best of both worlds whereas texture is concerned ! A smooth and creamy topping with a very chewy chocolate crust.
I should really call this a base rather than a crust, as a crust is normally crunchy, right? Well, whatever you want to call it, it is pure deliciousness !
And soooo simple to make, too.
You might also like:
Mocha Mousse Bars
- 125 g Butter ( 4 oz )
- 160 g Dark Chocolate chopped, good eating quality ( 5.5 oz )
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup Caster Sugar
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Self-Raising Flour
- 2 t Instant Coffee Granules
- 1 TB Boiling Water
- 1 cup Fresh Cream ( whipping cream/double cream )
- 180 g Milk Chocolate plain, melted, good eating quality ( 6 oz )
- 2-3 t Cocoa Powder for dusting
Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – line a 20 x 20 cm ( 8 x 8 inch ) oven dish with baking paper – let the paper hang over the edges for easy removal
- Melt together the Butter and Dark Chocolate until smooth – cool for a few minutes – stir in the Egg, Caster Sugar, Flour and Self-Raising Flour – pour mixture into the prepared oven dish – bake for 15 minutes – cool in pan
- Dissolve the Coffee in the Boiling Water and let cool
Place the Cream and the dissolved Coffee in a medium mixing bowl – beat until stiff peaks form – set the beater on low and add the melted Milk Chocolate – beat until well combined – pour the mousse over the base – refrigerate 3 hours or until set
Dust with Cocoa Powder and slice into bars