Cute chocolate dipped Christmas Tree Waffles are always a kid’s favorite. Serve the waffles (with or without syrup) for breakfast or as is as a sweet treat.
These quick and easy Christmas Tree Waffles are sure to put a smile on your kids’ faces.
They are not only cute, but extremely easy to make too !
Serve the Tree Waffles for breakfast with or without additional syrup. To up the chocolate, the most obvious choice would be chocolate sauce or syrup.
Totally up to you !
However, these make delightful sweet treats too. To serve as a sweet treat, you can dip the chocolate and sprinkle as per the recipe.
After the chocolate has set, remove from the refrigerator. Use a plastic spoon and drip more chocolate on the side which is not yet decorated.
Chill a couple of minutes again and you have double sided decorated treats.
I did try to sprinkle the Sprinkles on the wax paper lined baking sheet the first time, but with the weight of the waffle, the Sprinkles just about disappeared.
Nowadays you get such adorable sprinkles, especially for Christmas, therefore you should have a wide variety to choose from.
I normally look out for something new, otherwise I use whatever I have in the pantry.
A quick glance at what you need for the Christmas Tree Waffles :
- Ready to eat Waffles (or homemade)
- Melted White Chocolate
- Melted Milk Chocolate
- Variety of Sprinkles
- Wooden Ice-Cream Sticks
You can dip the waffle pieces by holding on to the rounded part. Or use a plastic spoon and simply spoon the melted chocolate over.
I make sure the top side is fully covered, meaning all the waffle holes are filled with chocolate.
This is such an easy way to make a tree out of a piece of waffle, the kids will enjoy making them with you !
More Christmas recipes you might like:
- Quick Reindeer Treats
- Christmas Fruit Mincemeat Pies
- Christmas Breakfast: Ham Fritata
- Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Treats
- Christmas Cocktail
Connect with us :
Christmas Tree Waffles
- 2 Dessert Waffles, ready to eat store-bought ( 20cm diameter / 8 inch diameter ) - see Note below
- 1 cup Melted White Chocolate
- 1 cup Melted Milk Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Sprinkles (Christmas themed if possible)
- Wax Paper Lined Baking Sheet
- 8 Wooden Ice-Cream Sticks
- Cut each of the Waffles into 4 pieces (forming a "tree") - keep the wax paper lined baking sheet close
- Dip 4 pieces (corner half) in the melted White Chocolate and the remaining 4 pieces in the Milk Chocolate
- Dip again if you have Chocolate left over
- Place the dipped Waffle pieces on the prepared baking sheet and immediately sprinkle with your choice of Sprinkles
- Place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes
- Remove from the refrigerator and gently push in a Wooden Ice-Cream stick on the rounded sides of the Waffle pieces
- Serve !
- Waffles - You can of course make your own homemade waffles as well as long as the end result is round(ish) and around the size as specified above
Linked up at : Sweet Little Bluebird – WEEKEND POTLUCK