Perfect Christmas Breakfast Ham Fritata – quick and easy prepping, mix and bake recipe and enough for eight adults [make 2 if you have a crowd!]
This Ham Fritata is the perfect Christmas breakfast and it even looks festive ! That is not always the case with breakfasts, now is it?
One dish, 8 servings – great idea if you’re having family or friends coming over for breakfast on Christmas morning or any other morning.
Fritatas are also so versatile, you can add basically anything you like to an Egg mixture, bake and you have a Fritata. Mine absolutely must have cheese in it, no debate on that.
The Ham makes the dish a little heartier than only adding cheese and vegetables and this Ham Fritata should see you through to lunch time easily.
And if you have it a little later in the morning for brunch the hunger pains should stay away until dinner time.
Notice I say “should” quite a bit ? Because during the holidays, I, for one, am always eating, I mean my mouth just about never stops 😉
I am of course a huge fan of Spring Onions and it gives the Fritata a wonderful taste together with the Ham and Cheese.
The other veggies do as well, but have been added more to add substance as well as color. Because it is the holidays and colors are everything, especially in food and even more so when you have little ones.
Tell a small kid it is Santa’s breakfast as well ! I can almost guarantee you they will finish this delicious and filling Ham Fritata.
Pair it up with maybe a piece of sausage or bacon on the side, some toast and fresh fruit juice and you are set for breakfast.
More Breakfast recipes you might like:
Christmas Breakfast Ham Fritata
- 12 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 450 g Cooked Ham, diced ( 1 pound )
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- 3 Spring Onions, finely sliced (Scallions)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Frozen Corn and Peas, defrosted
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – spray a 20 x 30cm ( 8 x 12 inch ) oven dish with cooking oil
- Beat together the Eggs and Milk in a large bowl
- Stir in the remaining ingredients – transfer to the prepared oven dish – bake 50 – 55 minutes or until the center has set
Allow to sit 5 minutes – slice and serve
Amount Per Serving Calories 273.7Total Fat 15.3gSaturated Fat 5.7gUnsaturated Fat 8.1gCarbohydrates 4.8gSugar 1.7gProtein 28g
Remember to PIN !