Teriyaki Beef Salad is perfect for when you have friends over for lunch or want something light, yet filling to serve for dinner
Teriyaki Beef Salad is one of our favorite go-to recipes when the weather is warm or we only want a light dinner, which can even happen during Winter in Gauteng.
South-Africa has the most wonderful weather in general and I know I have mentioned it before but we really only have about 2 weeks of real cold Winter weather, besides some mornings and late evenings.
Therefore we have salads throughout the year and it is always a welcome dinner idea.
The salad is also perfect to serve for lunch when you have friends over. It is a quick and easy recipe to throw together, either in the morning for lunch or in the afternoon for a light dinner.
A Crusty dinner roll or two per person and you are set. If serving for dinner, I always make an appetizer like my Crumbed Mushrooms and a dessert (which can really be anything) when serving the Teriyaki Beef Salad as a light dinner.
If you prefer Chicken, use that instead of the Beef Steaks – just as tasty !
**Note: I prefer to serve the Lime wedges in a small bowl separate from the salad, but you can also arrange the wedges around the salad on the serving plate.
Teriyaki Beef Salad
- 450 g Sirloin or Rump Steak thick cut ( 1 pound )
- 1 TB Fresh Ginger finely grated
- 2 t Fresh Garlic crushed
- 1 t Red Chilies finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 TB Sugar
- 2 TB Honey
- 1 t Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Lime juice only
- Sesame Oil
- 4 Spring Onions chopped
- 1/2 English Cucumber sliced, halved
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper sliced into thin strips
- 2 handfuls Mixed Salad Greens (your favorite mix)
- 1/4 cup Peanuts roasted
- 2 Limes cut into wedges
- Place the Steaks in a marinade bowl
- Mix all the Marinade ingredients together (Ginger to 1/2 Lime Juice) – pour over the Steaks, cover and let stand 20 minutes at room temperature (turn over after 10 minutes)
- Meanwhile mix and arrange the Salad ingredients on a large serving plate
- Heat the Sesame Oil in a skillet, remove the Steaks from the marinade (keep the marinade aside) and quickly brown each side over high heat – turn down the heat and cook the Steaks to your preference – when done, cover with foil and let rest 10 minutes before slicing into thin strips
- Arrange the Steak strips over the Salad Ingredients
- Pour the retained marinade into the skillet and let simmer until reduced by a third – remove from heat and let cool to room temperature – drizzle over the salad just before serving
You Might Also Like: