A very versatile recipe for Chicken and Creamy Garlic Bread Baskets – serve as a light dinner, snack or as an appetizer. Perfect to use up leftover Chicken and Bread.
Two or three of these Chicken and creamy Garlic bread baskets, add some salad and you have a quick dinner.
These are also great as a party snack as well. Sturdy and will not break apart when taking a bite. Therefore another ideal addition to your savory party platters !
I found this recipe, originally, on KNORR’s website, but as usual with me, I changed it a little.
The muffin sized snack might look small, but be assured, it is loaded with sauteed onion and tomato, Chicken as well as Feta cheese.
And then there is also the eggs which binds all the ingredients together, leaving you with the perfect appetizer, snack or light dinner.
We mostly have these Chicken and creamy Garlic bread baskets as a light dinner. However, I do make them quite often to add to my savory party platters.
Should you for some reason do not have a packet of the KNORR sauce powder on hand, simply make your own.
Combine one heaped tablespoonful of Cornflour (Cornstarch) with a tablespoonful of fresh Garlic. Mix well and use as per the instructions below.
TIP: when you pour in the Egg mixture – start with a little to each basket, giving it time to run into all the openings between the filling.
By the time you have done all 12, add the remaining mixture starting from the first basket you filled.
More Snack recipes you might like:
- Avocado Lime Deviled Eggs
- Pizza Pop-Itz
- Honey-Bacon and Cheese Deviled Eggs
- Pizza-Style Garlic Bread
- Best Avocado Muffins
Chicken And Creamy Garlic Bread Baskets
- 12 slices of White Bread, crusts removed
- 4 TB Unsalted Butter, divided
- 1 Onion, medium, chopped finely
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 250 g Chicken fillet, cooked and cut into small cubes ( 8 oz )
- 3/4 cup Fresh Cream (double cream/whipping cream)
- 2 extra-large Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 packet KNORR Creamy Garlic Sauce (see note in post)
- 1 TB Parsley, chopped
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 Feta Cheese Wheel, cut into 12 small cubes
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a muffin pan with cooking oil
- Spread 2 TB Butter to one side of each bread slice – place the bread, buttered side down, in each muffin hole – you need to push and press a little
- Saute the Onion in the remaining 2 TB Butter until just soft – add the Tomatoes, cook just a minute (the Tomatoes must not go soggy)
- Fill the bread baskets (about 3/4 full) with the Chicken and the Onion/Tomato mixture
- Lightly whisk the Fresh Cream, Eggs, Garlic Sauce Powder and Parsley together in a small bowl – fill the bread baskets (see TIP in post)
- Season with Black Pepper and add a cube of Feta to the top – bake 15 – 20 minutes until the bread is brown and the filling has set
- Remove from the oven – leave in pan to cool for 2 – 3 minutes and remove using a table spoon
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 Basket
Amount Per Serving Calories 176.3Total Fat 11.9gSaturated Fat 6.8gUnsaturated Fat 4.4gCarbohydrates 9.2gSugar 2gProtein 8.1g
Serve hot or cold !