Featherlight Vanilla Cake (using a sandwich maker) is a quick cake recipe for tea time or dessert – delicious as is or drizzled with Chocolate Syrup !
Featherlight Vanilla Cake made in the sandwich maker in less than 15 minutes ! That is genius, don’t you think?
At first I thought, no ways, the batter will be all over the place, but it was not and all 12 pieces came out extremely light and totally delicious.
The prepping takes about 5 minutes, with ingredients you should have in your pantry. Each batch took 3 – 4 minutes, therefore only minutes later we had a delightful snack.
I found this recipe shared on Facebook and immediately clicked over to the original site, which you can find HERE
Featherlight Vanilla Cake (using a sandwich maker)
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 t Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 2 Extra-Large Eggs
- 1 t Vanilla Essence
- Icing Sugar to dust (optional)
- Spray the sandwich maker top and bottom with cooking oil – Depending on how long your sandwich maker takes to heat up – you can switch it on now
- Sift together the Flour and Baking Powder – set aside
- Beat the Oil and Caster Sugar together until creamy – add the Eggs and Vanilla – beat another minute or two until well combined
- Fold in the Flour to the Oil mixture
Fill each triangle of your sandwich maker, but do not let it overflow – close and check after 3 minutes, if a toothpick comes out clean, it is ready – remove and let cool slightly on a cooling rack – dust with Icing Sugar if you prefer
Cool a little, dust with Icing Sugar as soon as possible.
Best served warm – you can make it ahead of time and re-heat in the microwave for a few seconds.
I am most definitely going to experiment with flavors and above all with chocolate chips …mm, and maybe drizzled Icing or Chocolate over ??
ANOTHER SANDWICH MAKER CAKE RECIPE YOU MIGHT LIKE :