This Sticky Raisin Chicken is not only perfect for dinner, but makes a great snack on Game Day too. Or to simply add to your savory party platter.
Sticky delicious chicken! You can use any kind of chicken pieces.
However, with this Sticky Raisin Chicken, I prefer wings or drumsticks to serve as Game Day snacks. And a mixed pack of chicken for dinner.
There is no pre-frying involved, therefore a great time saver ! Especially if you want to make this as part of a savory snack platter.
Below is a photo of the Soup packet I use:
The chicken is deliciously tender and juicy once done…. not to mention STICKY !
And it is not limited to a party snack, it is great with rice (or mashed potatoes) and vegetables as well.
When I serve the Chicken for dinner, I spoon some of the sauce over the rice or mashed potatoes. But if I make the Chicken specifically as part of a savory platter on Game Day, I remove most of the sauce.
Then place the dish back into the oven under the grill. (The sauce is enough for 8 larger pieces of chicken, 12 drumsticks or up to 18 wings)
It only takes a couple of minutes to give the Chicken an extra bit of browning, as well as really making the sauce more sticky. Transfer to a serving dish and serve warm or cold. ( I prefer cold as a Game Day snack!)
I do not know a whole lot about Super Bowl. We are a Rugby country, but so many of my blogging friends, and readers from the United States are having Super Bowl parties this weekend. I had to share this recipe in case some of you want to try something new.
We have the sticky Raisin Chicken quite often for dinner, but mostly serve the Chicken, without the sauce, as snacks.
It can not get any easier ! There is just about no prepping besides placing the Chicken in the oven dish. Mix up the sauce – it would take you about 5 minutes and get the dish into the oven, no-fuss or turning every few minutes.
More Chicken recipes you might like:
- Salad Dressing Sticky Chicken
- Honey Garlic Sriracha Drumsticks
- Sticky Honey Chicken Wings
- Orange Honey Ginger Chicken
- Chicken Popcorn
Sticky Raisin Chicken
- 8 Chicken Pieces, mixed pack (or 18 wings)
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Seedless Raisins
- 1 packet Brown Onion Soup Powder
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Chutney
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a 20 x 30cm ( 9 x 12 inch ) oven dish with cooking oil (the dish needs to be covered, either use one with a lid or cover with aluminum foil)
- Arrange the Chicken pieces in a single layer in the oven dish – lightly season with Salt and Black Pepper – sprinkle the Raisins over the chicken
- Combine the Boiling Water with the Brown Onion Soup Powder – add the Mayonnaise and Chutney – stir to combine – pour this mixture evenly over the chicken
- Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours. (mixed pieces) ( 1 hour for wings/drumsticks )
Serving Size2 Pieces
Amount Per Serving Calories 604Total Fat 50gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 40gCholesterol 59mgSodium 1594mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 3gSugar 14gProtein 13g
Nutrition value is not always accurate