Caramel Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins is deliciously moist, packed with Pumpkin, Chocolate Chips with a Caramel drizzle ~ perfect for breakfast, tea time, a snack or lunchbox
These Caramel Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins are out of this world ! Moist, soft and packed with Pumpkin and Chocolate Chips.
I used Caramel Chocolate Chips as I like the Caramel/Pumpkin combination but you can use plain Chocolate Chips or Dark Chocolate Chips – whichever you prefer.
We do not have canned Pumpkin in South-Africa, and I always make my own puree from scratch. A while back I made a fantastic Fresh Spiced Pumpkin Dip and I had the idea then already to use the same Dip in a bread or muffin recipe.
Muffins won, because they are so easy to stick into a lunchbox or grab one on the way to work or school for breakfast.
As you can see below, the Pumpkin Dip did not settle on the bottom (which I was afraid it might do), but instead the Dip distributed nicely all over the muffins.
No spread is needed, but the Caramel drizzle makes these Caramel Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins just a tad more special (and I am huge on anything caramel!).
More Pumpkin recipes you might like:
Caramel Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
Caramel Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
Caramel Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins is deliciously moist, packed with Pumpkin, Chocolate Chips with a Caramel drizzle
- 2 1/2 cups Self-Raising Flour
- 2 TB Brown Sugar
- 3 TB Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Pumpkin Dip (see note below)
- 1/2 cup Caramel Chocolate Chips (plain Chocolate Chips will work too)
- Caramel- or Toffee Sauce, to drizzle (optional)
- ) Pre-heat the oven to 190 deg C (375 deg F) – line a 12 hole muffin pan with liners or silicone cups
- ) Combine the Flour and Brown Sugar in a medium mixing bowl – set aside
- ) Beat together the Oil, Milk and Eggs – stir in the Pumpkin Dip
- ) Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well mixed – stir in the Chocolate Chips
- ) Fill each muffin liner/cup 3/4 full – bake 15 – 18 minutes or until a tester comes out clean
- ) Remove from the oven – let stand a few minutes – transfer to a cooling rack
- Pumpkin Dip recipe HERE
Best serve warm, drizzled with Caramel or Toffee Sauce, if using. The muffins are equally delicious served cold (pop one or two into the kids’s lunch boxes !).
Wednesday 14th of October 2015
Those muffins look so decadent and delicious!
Bobbi @ 3GLOL
Tuesday 23rd of September 2014
Now I want to lick my screen. Holy cow girl...these look so bite-worthy ;) Pinning
Thanks so much for linking up at Teach Me Tuesday last week! You are very much appreciated! Hope to see you again this week. Starts tonight at 8pm CST.
Have a great week!!
Monday 22nd of September 2014
Delicious pumpkin muffins, love to try it. Thanks for sharing with Hearth and Soul blog hop. pinning.
Sunday 21st of September 2014
The first time I heard of combining pumpkin and chocolate, I thought it was kind of odd. But after trying it...well...I changed my mind. It's great! My vote is for dark chocolate.Thanks for linking this week, Linda. My son chose your muffins to feature tonight.
Friday 19th of September 2014
pumpkin, caramel and chocolate - wow awesome combo and just perfect for fall (and year round because I an NOT just going to eat this in fall lol). Thanks for sharing the caramel chocolate pumpking muffins Linda!