The best Chicken and Bacon Casserole recipe ever ! Loaded with not only Mushrooms but Spinach as well AND topped with gooey Cheese.
Post and Images updated February 2020 – original published date: December 2012
I have been making this Chicken and Bacon Casserole for many years and it is always a huge hit with my family.
The addition of mushrooms as well as spinach does not only make the dish more nutritious, but looks so good too !
I normally only serve the Chicken Casserole over pasta, no other side dishes. And the recipe yields enough servings for more than 6 adults.
You can serve the Casserole over rice or even mashed potatoes as well.
Beware… this is one of those dishes which you can not stop eating until it is all gone !
Just look at that ! Hearty, filling and ever so delicious ! Loaded with Mushrooms, Spinach and gooey Cheese, this is one dinner recipe you have to add to your menu.
The Chicken and Bacon Casserole is very creamy, or I should rather say saucy and each and every ingredient is hugged in the sauce.
And there is more than enough sauce to scoop this scrumptious Chicken dish over pasta, rice or other starches, leaving a plate full of deliciousness.
More Chicken recipes you might like:
- Amish Chicken Casserole
- Drunken Chicken Stir-Fry
- Easy Baked Thai Chicken
- Chicken Tikka With Mango Salad
- Pecorino Chicken And Garlic Sour Cream Sauce
Connect with us :
- 250 grams Bacon Bits ( 8 oz )
- 675 grams Chicken Fillets, cubed ( 1 1/2 pounds )
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 TB Unsalted Butter
- 2 t Garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 250 grams Mushrooms, sliced ( 8 oz )
- 200 – 300 grams Spinach, fresh leaves chopped ( 8 - 10 oz )
- 1 can (410 g) Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine (or substitute with Chicken Stock)
- 1 t Italian Herbs, dried
- 1 TB Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup Fresh Cream (double cream/whipping cream)
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- Pre-heat oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – spray a 20 x 30 centimeter oven dish with cooking oil
- In a large skillet fry the Bacon Bits until crisp – remove from skillet with a slotted spoon and keep aside
- Using the same skillet, stir-fry the Chicken until done, lightly season to taste with Salt and Black Pepper – remove from skillet and keep aside
- Add the Butter, Garlic, Onions and the Mushrooms to the pan – cook until the Onions are translucent and the Mushrooms are soft and brown – add the Spinach and saute until wilted, stirring regularly
- Spread the Mushroom mixture on the bottom of the prepared oven dish – add the Chicken on top
- Add the Mushroom Soup into the pan together with the White Wine, Italian Herbs and Lemon Juice – stir continuously until hot – add the Fresh Cream and Milk, simmer 5 – 10 minutes until it start to thicken
- Pour the Sauce over the Chicken in the oven dish, sprinkle with Mozzarella and top with the crispy Bacon - bake 25 - 30 minutes
Amount Per Serving Calories 3014Total Fat 68gSaturated Fat 23gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 31gCholesterol 178mgSodium 8284mgCarbohydrates 397gFiber 246gSugar 46gProtein 358g
Nutrition value is not always accurate