Bacon and Mozzarella Mushrooms are the BEST Appetizer or side dish ever
This is one of our favorite appetizers of all time. Bacon and Mozzarella Black Mushrooms ! I always look for the biggest ones and serve them as a single portion.
It never looks right to me to place two or three smaller ones on a serving plate.
The creamed spinach is of course delicious with the bacon and mozzarella and with a generous sprinkle of black pepper these are just fine to open your dinner – not too much and also not too little.
I do buy the smaller black mushrooms as well, when I serve stuffed mushrooms as a side, but normally (mostly) I would not add meat as well.
Mushrooms are just so versatile and you could really pick and choose fillings as to your preference.
Bacon And Mozzarella Black Mushrooms (Appetizer/Side)
- 6 Large Black Mushrooms center stem removed and wiped clean
- 3-4 t Fresh Garlic crushed
- 1 tub (250g) Frozen Creamed Spinach ( 8 oz tub )
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Bacon Bits cooked crispy (keep warm)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Divide the Garlic between the Mushrooms and rub all over the inside of the Mushrooms
- Cook the Creamed Spinach as per the instructions on the tub. (I buy the tubs suitable for microwaving and it takes about 4 minutes)
- Scoop the Creamed Spinach into the Mushrooms, pressing to fill all the little nooks
- Sprinkle with the Mozzarella and bake 15 – 18 minutes or until done
- Top with the cooked Bacon and serve