Mint Torte and Cream Dessert is so decadent and easy to make too ! Layers of chewy torte peppermint cream makes this the ideal dessert for Saint Patrick’s Day celebrations.
St Patrick’s Day is one of my favorite holidays to cook, bake and craft for ! I absolutely love the colors – the rainbow, yes, but my favorite combination is the green and gold together.
Last year I shared a very simple IRISH DIRT PUDDING containing crushed Oreos as the “dirt” but today I am sharing a little more elegant dessert.
This Mint Torte and Cream Dessert has gooey and creamy layers giving you a very special taste indeed.
I used a shallow baking dish and baked the Mint Torte until done but still a little gooey. To the stage where it is in just before it starts to look dull on top. Dull is fully cooked and a bit more crispy on the edges.
And nothing better than Mint flavored, creamy layers …
MINT TORTE AND CREAM DESSERT
- 200 g Mint Chocolate chopped ( 7 oz )
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter cubed
- 3/4 cup Fresh Cream divided (double cream/heavy cream)
- 3 Eggs
- 2 TB Caster Sugar
- 1 t Cocoa Powder
- 1 TB Peppermint Liqueur or 1 teaspoon Peppermint Essence
- 1-2 drops Green Food Coloring
- Edible Gold Crystals
Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a shallow oven dish ( 20 x 20cm / 8 x 8 inch ) with cooking oil.
Melt together the Mint Chocolate and Butter – stir until smooth and well combined – set aside.
Beat 1/4 cup of the Cream until stiff in a separate mixing bowl.
In a large bowl, beat together the Eggs and Caster Sugar until tripled in volume – fold in the Cocoa Powder and half of the melted Chocolate/Butter mixture – stir well and add the remaining half, fold in gently.
- Fold in the whipped Cream to the mixture – pour into the prepared dish and bake 25 – 30 minutes until done but not fully set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely – the Torte will set but will still be a little moist.
- Chop the Torte into chunks and keep aside.
Whip the remaining Cream until stiff peaks form – add the Liqueur (or Essence) and a drop or two of the Food Coloring – whip until combined.
- Starting with the Torte, layer the dessert – two layers of each, ending with a layer of Cream.
- Sprinkle over the Edible Gold Crystals and serve.