Dom Pedro is a divine, drinking dessert with an ice-cream base which can be served as not only a drink, but for dessert as well
MSG intended for our 21+ readers only
You will find this absolutely decadent drink on just about any South-African restaurant’s dessert menu.
It is however a little different from restaurant to restaurant in that some use Amarula Liqueur and others would use Kahlua Liqueur.
I prefer Amarula as I think it is the most wonderful, exotic liqueur around !
It has been said that the Marula fruit (the overripe fruits) falls from the trees in the wild.
The elephants then eat it and well, let’s just say they’re a happy bunch after a Marula treat !
This is one of the easiest desserts which you can drink, although you might get a light bout of brain-freeze should you drink too quickly.
So thick and frothy ! One really just want to sip away after a hearty meal !
You might also like a chocolatey, minty version of this popular drink >>> Choc-Mint Dom Pedro !
More Amarula recipes you might like:
- 4 cups Vanilla Ice-Cream slightly softened
- 1/2 cup Amarula Liqueur or Kahlua
- 3/4 cup Fresh Cream (double cream/thick cream)
- 1 Flake Chocolate Bar crumbled (or any shaved Chocolate)
1. Place the Ice-Cream, Liqueur and Cream in a blender – blitz until combined
2. Pour into serving glasses and sprinkle with Chocolate flakes/crumbs
- All images and text are copyrighted ©With A Blast by ©Linda Nortje
- If you want to share my recipe anywhere, please re-write the recipe in your own words or simply link back to this post for the recipe
- No content may be shared in violation of our Terms of Service without prior written consent
Amount Per Serving Calories 598Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 21gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 111mgSodium 127mgCarbohydrates 49gFiber 1gSugar 45gProtein 7g
Nutrition value is not always accurate