Dom Pedro is a divine, drinking dessert with an ice-cream base which can be served as not only a drink, but for dessert as well
MSG intended for our 21+ readers only
You will find this absolutely decadent drink on just about any South-African restaurant’s dessert menu.
It is however a little different from restaurant to restaurant in that some use Amarula Liqueur and others would use Kahlua Liqueur.
I prefer Amarula as I think it is the most wonderful, exotic liqueur around !
It has been said that the Marula fruit (the overripe fruits) falls from the trees in the wild.
The elephants then eat it and well, let’s just say they’re a happy bunch after a Marula treat !
This is one of the easiest desserts which you can drink, although you might get a light bout of brain-freeze should you drink too quickly.
So thick and frothy ! One really just want to sip away after a hearty meal !
You might also like a chocolatey, minty version of this popular drink >>> Choc-Mint Dom Pedro !
More Amarula recipes you might like:
- 4 cups Vanilla Ice-Cream slightly softened
- 1/2 cup Amarula Liqueur or Kahlua
- 3/4 cup Fresh Cream (double cream/thick cream)
- 1 Flake Chocolate Bar crumbled (or any shaved Chocolate)
1. Place the Ice-Cream, Liqueur and Cream in a blender – blitz until combined
2. Pour into serving glasses and sprinkle with Chocolate flakes/crumbs
- All images and text are copyrighted ©With A Blast by ©Linda Nortje
- If you want to share my recipe anywhere, please re-write the recipe in your own words or simply link back to this post for the recipe
- No content may be shared in violation of our Terms of Service without prior written consent
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Servings Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 598Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 21gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 111mgSodium 127mgCarbohydrates 49gFiber 1gSugar 45gProtein 7g
Nutrition value is not always accurate