Triple Cheese Steak and Mushroom Sandwich – Mouthwatering delicious ! 3 x Cheese, Steak, Mushrooms, Onions and the most amazing Oil rub – Perfect light dinner, lunch or serve on game day !
I made these Triple Cheese Steak and Mushroom sandwiches over the weekend as an early dinner/late lunch.
In our house Fridays and Saturdays are mostly spent in front of the television watching Rugby. Especially during this specific time where we have provincial teams from South-Africa, Australia and New Zealand competing.
A Friend of my son’s and I are fans (HUGE Fans!) of the Blue Bulls, whereas the hubby is a Shark supporter, my son a Hurricane and my daughter a Stormer fan.
So, now and then our teams are up against one another, and of course that puts our whole household in a mood (nothing serious, though!) and a whole lot of teaming up against each other builds up.
Right, so I think you get that on Fridays and Saturdays I don’t really want to spend time in the kitchen, even with a television set there.
Totally no fun in hearing the others in the lounge and me having to watch alone in the kitchen.
Therefore, I had come up with this quick and easy recipe which we all enjoyed together whilst watching the Rugby.
- 2 short French Baguettes
- 2 TB Olive Oil to brush
- 2 t Black Pepper
- 2 t Dried Italian Herbs
- 1 t Salt
- 450 g Steak cooked and sliced ( 1 pound )
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 t Ground Cloves
- 2 TB Butter
- 2 TB Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion sliced
- 250 g Mushrooms sliced ( 8 oz )
- 1 t Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 16 slices Cheddar Cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – line one or two baking sheets with baking paper
Slice the Baguettes in half, lengthwise – mix the Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Italian Herbs and Salt in a small bowl – brush the inside of the top parts of the Baguettes with this mixture – keep aside
Place the sliced Steak, Worcestershire Sauce and the Ground Cloves in a medium saucepan – simmer for 5 minutes (just enough for the flavors to combine) – keep aside
- Heat the Butter and Olive Oil (for frying) in a medium pan – saute the Onion and Mushrooms until soft – add the Garlic Powder and stir-fry another minute – remove from heat
- Start building your sandwich in this order – bottom slice of Baguette – half of the Cheddar cheese slices – Onion and Mushroom mixture – Mozzarella cheese – Steak – remaining Cheddar cheese slices
- Place in the oven and heat until the cheeses start to melt (around 10 minutes) – remove from the oven and the baking sheets onto a serving plate
- Set the oven on grill – place the Olive Oil/Herb brushed baguette halves onto the baking sheets, brushed sides up – toast under the grill for 2 -3 minutes – remove from the oven and place on top of the Steak laden halves
Slice into serving sizes and serve immediately.
You Might Also Like: