Nectarine Chicken and Prosciutto Salad is a filling, refreshing salad with a light Honey Dressing – perfect for lunch or as a light dinner.
As with most kind of dishes, I have my top favorites. Breakfast, pasta, red meat and so on, I always have that one or two recipes I always know would be a favorite. Not only for me but which my family loves as well.
This Nectarine Chicken and Prosciutto Salad is one of them. I put this one straight in the filling, not too rich, light dinner, lunch group and can not tell you how many times I have made it to date.
Nectarines are of course a type of peach and very popular in South-Africa. Although I grew up knowing it by the Afrikaans name – Kaalgat Perskes, which might be rude to translate, verbatim, into English !
My favorite part of this filling salad ?? Absolutely everything !
The ingredients, fruity, meaty, cheesy and of course my much-loved-leafy-herb .. Arugula. By the way, I can eat a whole packet of Arugula by myself and try to always have some on hand.
Do you have a favorite kind of leafy herb, which is just always/usually in your fridge?
Nectarine Chicken And Prosciutto Salad
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil extra virgin
- 2 t Wholegrain Mustard
- 2 t Honey
- 2 t Balsamic Vinegar
- 8 slices Prosciutto
- 1 1/2 cups Raspberries
- 1 1/4 cups Cooked Chicken Fillets shredded
- 6 Nectarines stoned, quartered (best, but use Peaches if unavailable)
- 1 1/2 handfuls Arugula
- 125 g Buffalo Mozzarella torn, (plain and cubed will also do) - ( 4 oz )
- Black Pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients for the dressing well – keep chilled until ready to serve the Salad.
- Arrange all the Salad ingredients on a large serving plate – drizzle with the Dressing just before serving and season with Black Pepper
You Might Also Like: