Crunchy Apple and Celery Salad Stacks are perfect appetizers or a side salad
These Apple and Celery Salad Stacks are not only delicious, but they look amazing as well. I have served this as an appetizer once and a few times as a side salad.
Salads, fresh fruit and vegetables have become a huge part of our culinary preferences over the last couple of weeks. I have to admit that, not only I, but the whole family already feels better and they do actually enjoy the healthier side of all eats and treats. Okay, not all 😉 but most !
This is great to serve in the place of a lettuce salad, as the Apple and Celery is so refreshing and crunchy. And I have always been a fan of crunchy salads, rather than a softer, mayo drenched kind of salad.
Some kids like blue cheese, others do not. Feel free to experiment with the different kinds of cheeses available, as the blue cheese in this recipe is quite strong.
Apple And Celery Salad Stacks
- 2 Apples cored and sliced into rings (Granny Smith works well)
- 3 TB Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Fat-Free Plain Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Stilton Blue Cheese crumbled
- 3 TB Fresh Chives finely chopped
- 1 t Worcestershire Sauce
- Dash Tabasco Sauce
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Celery sliced into matchsticks
- Extra Fresh Chives to garnish
- Sprinkle the Apple Slices with the Lemon Juice to prevent discoloration
- Mix together the Yogurt, Cheese, Chives, Worcestershire Sauce, Tabasco and Black Pepper in a medium mixing bowl – add the Celery and stir through gently – chill for 15 minutes
- Start by placing an Apple Ring on a serving dish – top with some of the Celery mixture – repeat twice more and end with an Apple Ring – garnish with the extra Chives
- Keep chilled until ready to serve
Serve as an appetizer or side salad