Avocado and Bacon stuffed Potatoes are amazingly creamy and make the ideal appetizer or side ~ better make extra as seconds are always requested
Avocado and Bacon Stuffed Potatoes are a huge yes with my family and I never have any leftovers, and I usually make a few extra as well, because seconds are always requested.
I could live on these as I love each and every ingredient, even the Sour Cream ! And who does not like Bacon ??
Depending whether you are serving these stuffed Potatoes as appetizers or as a side dish, you can use any Potato. From Baby Potatoes to full size Potatoes, the choice is yours.
The Avocado and Bacon stuffed Potatoes look especially great when you use Baby Potatoes. Place them on a bed of shredded lettuce using a large serving plate, to serve as appetizers.
The secret lies in the Garlic Sauce Powder (see below), which not only makes the filling creamier, but also adds a delicious flavor.
No extra Salt or Pepper is necessary as this is not only a topping, but a proper stuffing. Which you, well… stuff into every nook of the sliced open Potato.
I always keep a little of the Bacon and extra Chives to sprinkle over the top. Visually it adds so much to these already tasty Potatoes, but it is definitely not required.
Serve these Avocado and Bacon Stuffed Potatoes as a side to my Asian Chicken Kebabs
*Right, getting to the Garlic Sauce Powder. I use something like KNORR or ROYCO which are the packets of Powder that you normally add one cup boiling water to and have an instant Sauce.
In this recipe I do not add the water, but instead use the Powder only. I also use different flavors of Garlic when making these Potatoes every other time – Roasted Garlic, Creamy Garlic .. you get the idea*
Avocado And Bacon Stuffed Potatoes
Amazing, creamy Avocado and Bacon stuffed Potatoes make the ideal appetizers or side
- 6 large Potatoes skin on, scrubbed clean
- 1 Avocado peeled and stoned
- 250 g Bacon cooked crispy, chopped ( 8 oz )
- 2 TB Sour Cream
- 1 packet Garlic Sauce Powder see note above in post*
- 2 TB Fresh Chives chopped
- Cook the Potatoes in whichever manner you prefer – boiled, oven baked or in the microwave
- Mash the Avocado – add the Bacon, Sour Cream, Sauce Powder and Chives – mix until well combined and creamy
- Cut a deep cross in each Potato – not all the way through, leave a little to keep the Potato together – pull the Potatoes open very gently
- Divide the Avocado mixture in six and fill each Potato
Serve as a side or an appetizer.