These mini Bites are fluffy and light, delicious served on it’s own – great as an appetizer or at a party (Easy Dump & Bake Recipe!)
Imagine sitting down after a long day with a plate of these Bacon and Cheddar Bites and a nice glass of Red Wine .. pure relaxation !
Or, you can serve them up as part of a savory platter. If you read With A Blast even only now and then, you should know I love platters, sweet or savory.
These Bites are light, crispy on the outside and soft in the center, very similar to cream puffs, only these little treats are savory and just as delicious.
You can serve the Bacon and Cheddar Bites on it’s own, with butter (especially great when served warm!) or with a light dip. The Bites are bursting with taste and I would not recommend a strong flavored dip or sauce.
I bake one batch when it is only hubby and I, but when the kids are home, I double or even triple the ingredients, as these little Bites disappear as if there is no tomorrow – just giving you a heads up 😉
Bacon And Cheddar Bites
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 cup Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Bacon cooked crispy and crumbled
- 1/3 cup Spring Onions finely chopped
- 1 cup Strong Cheddar finely grated
- 3/4 t Salt
- 1/4 t Cayenne Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – line 2 baking sheets with baking paper
- In a medium saucepan, heat the Milk and Butter until the Butter has melted and the mixture is hot
- Add the Flour and stir vigorously until a ball forms – remove from heat
- Stir in one Egg at a time, stirring quickly and thoroughly after each addition
- Add the Bacon, Onions, Cheddar, Salt and Pepper – stir until well combined
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the lined baking sheets – bake 15 – 18 minutes until puffed and golden
Best served warm with Butter, but cold is just as delicious.