Bacon and Spinach mini Quiches – Serve these scrumptious little treats with a glass of wine, as an appetizer or as part of your party treats. Bacon, Spinach and Cheddar make these Mini Quiches a winner every time !
I have another delicious, and very popular with my family, savory snack recipe for you today.
These Bacon and Spinach Mini Quiches are ideal as an appetizer or enjoy them whilst watching the game, or add to your party treats.
As you can see, I did not go all out and trim the Pastry to a precise round when I pressed the raw Pastry into the muffin pans.
I kind of like the uneven, and also extra bit of Pastry on the top of these little treats.
We have a small patch of Spinach growing in our vegetable garden and let me tell you, Spinach grows at lightning speed.
I would hardly have used all (it really is only one big plant) the Spinach from one crop, when hubby tells me the next lot is ready.
We use quite a bit in salads and I also like to make a creamy Spinach and Feta side dish.
But the rest I usually clean, chop and blanch for a minute or two, which I then drain and freeze in portions. This is perfect for when I need Spinach as I have used in this recipe for the Bacon and Spinach mini quiches.
You can use store-bought frozen Spinach or fresh with the same results. The Milk and Cream can also be substituted for the same total amount of half-and-half which would then be no Milk or Cream, but instead 1/2 cup of half-and-half.
Bacon and Spinach Mini Quiches
Serve these scrumptious little treats with a glass of wine, as an appetizer or as part of your party treats. Bacon, Spinach and Cheddar make these Mini Quiches a winner every time !
- 1 roll Frozen Shortcrust Pastry defrosted
- 4 slices Bacon
- 1/3 cup Onion finely chopped
- 2 t Fresh Garlic crushed
- 1 cup Frozen Chopped Spinach defrosted, drained and squeezed dry
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cream (whipping cream/double cream)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Tabasco Sauce to taste
- 1/3 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – spray one or two mini muffin pans (I use the size between a mini and standard muffin pan) with cooking oil
Roll out the Pastry slightly thinner – cut out rounds twice the size of your muffin hole tops – press into the muffin pan holes (keep chilled in refrigerator until needed)
- Cook the Bacon until crispy – remove from pan and keep aside – drain pan but leave 1 Tablespoonful of the Bacon drippings in the pan
Add the Onion and Garlic to the pan and saute 5 minutes or until soft – remove from heat and stir in the Spinach
- Whisk together the Egg, Milk and Cream in a medium mixing bowl – add the Spinach mixture and crumble the cooked Bacon into the mixture as well
- Season to taste with Salt, Pepper and Tabasco Sauce – add the Cheese last – stir well to combine
- Fill each pastry crust with the mixture and bake 15 – 18 minutes or until a tester comes out clean
Best served warm.
You Might Also Like: