Overnight Bean and Vegetable Hash – Wake up to the wonderful smell of a fully slow-cooker, cooked breakfast – Delicious surprise for your family or holiday guests.
Just in time for the weekend ! Don’t you just love waking up to the wonderful aroma of breakfast cooking?
Overnight Bean and Vegetable Hash will have you up and awake as soon as the smell hits you. Which is usually not a luxury, moms (or dads !) enjoy as we are normally the ones getting up early to get breakfast ready for the family
And with all the holidays coming up, your overnight guests will surely be surprised when they get up and smell this Bean and Vegetable Hash.
Prepping takes only about 15 minutes and after that it is dump into the Slow-Cooker. Set on low, and you can be off to bed. What’s not to love about that ??
I give the Hash a stir as soon as I get up in the morning, and only once more when I am ready to serve.
We normally enjoy this dish with a couple of crispy fried bacon strips on the side and now and then a poached egg (either with the bacon or without) on top of the Hash.
It really depends what we have going on during the day.
We especially love this on Christmas morning as we have our main Christmas meal during mid to late afternoon and therefore the Bean and Vegetable Hash is perfect.
Filling enough to see us through to the main meal without having lunch.
Sweet potatoes can also be used instead of plain Potatoes, but I have to admit my first choice is always good old plain Potatoes
Overnight Bean And Vegetable Hash
- 2 TB Unsalted Butter
- 2 TB Vegetable Oil
- 4 large Potatoes peeled and cubed 1 centimeter ( 1/2 inch )
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1-2 Green Chilies finely chopped
- 3 Tomatoes quartered
- 1 can (410g) Red Kidney Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 t Ground Cumin
- 1 t Paprika
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Parsley chopped, to garnish
- In a large skillet heat the Butter and Oil until bubbly – stir-fry the Potatoes, Onion, Peppers and Chilies 5 minutes – transfer to Slow-Cooker and set on LOW
- Add the Tomatoes, Beans, Cumin and Paprika to the Vegetable mixture in the Slow-Cooker – season to taste with Salt and Black Pepper and stir through
- Cook on LOW overnight with a maximum of 9 hours
Serve immediately sprinkled with Parsley – Bacon and/or poached eggs on the side, go very well with the Hash.
You Might Also Like: