Gooey Drop Brownies have only 4 ingredients and is mixed, baked and cooled in 30 minutes – so very chocolatey!
Only four ingredients in these gooey drop Brownies ! And you might already have all the ingredients on hand.
This is not your usual brownie batter, or cookie batter for that matter. And it is also not a brookie (the cross between a brownie and a cookie), these drop Brownies are exactly that – thin, gooey brownies.
A couple of minutes of melting the ingredients, drop and bake for seven minutes – that’s it ! These little bite sized treats are ready in no time at all and they cool extremely quickly as well.
And if you are anything like me, is always a bonus as I want to taste any baked goodies as soon as it comes out of the oven.
It takes me under half an hour to prep, bake and cool the brownies. Enough to enjoy some of the first batch (I place 2 baking sheets into the oven at a time) with a cup of tea at tea time.
My family is totally nuts over these and the first batch disappeared so quickly !
I now make double batches, but still only have a few leftover for the next day’s morning tea.
I also make these in different sizes now, and have found that even if I use a desert spoonful (and flatten the drop a little) it only takes an additional two minutes or so of baking.
One thing I have to point out though – the baked brownies would still look and feel raw, not totally raw of course, but one does get the feeling that it needs another couple of minutes in the oven. Do not return to the oven.
On cooling the brownies will set (for lack of a better word) and you will end up with the chewiest brownie bites ever.
This is definitely a recipe you must have for your holiday baking, although I throw a couple of batches together whenever the mood strikes !
And I am not even the cookie baking type. No idea why, as I love cookies, just never really gotten into baking cookies I suppose.
I think I have around five or six cookie recipes which I bake, but definitely not more than (maybe!) once a month.
Give me more recipes like this one for the Gooey Drop Brownies and I will bake up a storm. No matter whether it is a recipe for brownies, brookies or cookies. Drop and bake, oh yes, count me in !
More Brownie recipes you might like :
Gooey Drop Brownies
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 can (397g) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 cup Flour
- White Chocolate melted, to drizzle over (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) - line 4 baking sheets with baking paper
- Place the Chocolate Chips, Condensed Milk and Butter in a saucepan - heat over medium heat until melted
Stir in the Flour until a thick toffee-ish mixture forms (add a little more Flour if the mixture is too runny) - cool 5 minutes
- Drop mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets - about 5 centimeters ( 2 inches) apart - bake 7 minutes, do not over bake
- The Cookies will be very soft - leave to cool on the baking sheets a few minutes - transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely
- Drizzle with White Chocolate (optional)