The Best Burger Pattie is so tasty and bursting with flavor and it is not only because of of the oh, so gooey cheese oozing out with each bite !
If I tell you this is the best Best Burger Pattie ever ? Would you believe me ? Until you try the recipe yourself, you will have to take my word for it.
I can not even begin to guess at how many burgers I have had over the years, and I am sure if you are a burger lover, you do not know either.
Anyhow, with all the different burgers, different types of patties have also come and gone.
Somehow, I always choose a burger, whether homemade or from a restaurant, based on the ingredients – the way the burger is build. Never because of the pattie.
Now, have a look at the above photo, even if I say so myself, the gooey cheese looks amazing, but the rest of the burger … not much going on , right?
It is because nothing much is needed to add flavor to the burger – all the juicy deliciousness is in the burger pattie.
To stay true to tradition, I did put out all the extras on the side and everyone build their own burger.
I had extra slices of Gouda, Lettuce, Arugula, Tomato, Onion and a burger Sauce or two for each one to add or omit as they wished.
The above two photos were not even meant to be in the post, but once I bit into the burger, I could not resist, as you see so much more … and some you do not see !
Burger Bar and Topping Ideas :
- Burger Buns, toasted or not
- Arugula Leaves
- Tomato, slices
- Onion, slices, fresh or caramelized
- Burger Sauces – homemade or store-bought
- Extra Cheese (Gouda or similar)
- Cooked Bacon
- Mushrooms, sauteed
- Avocado, slices or guacamole
and these are only a few ideas !
The Best Burger Pattie
- 900 g Lean Ground Beef ( 2 pounds )
- 1/2 cup Sundried Tomatoes in Oil drained and chopped finely
- 1/3 cup Basil Pesto
- 1 Egg
- Black Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste (a little, as the Tomatoes already adds some salt)
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese grated
- In a large bowl, mix together the Ground Beef, Tomatoes, Pesto, Egg and season to taste with Black Pepper and Salt – form 8 equal sized balls
- Flatten each Meat Ball to about twice the size of a normal Pattie – not too thin, though – place a quarter cup of Mozzarella Cheese in the center – fold over the sides of the Meat to enclose the Cheese – press a bit and make sure it is properly sealed all over
Place the Patties in a single layer, on a wax paper lined baking sheet (or something similar) – chill for 25 – 30 minutes to firm up
- The Patties are now ready to be grilled, fried or whichever cooking method you prefer
Serve on your Burger bar, with various different toppings.
You Might Also Like: