Sweet Chili Cheese Dogs are so quick and easy to make as a light dinner, lunch or serve these Hotdogs on game day
This is my ultimate lazy-day-food ! And I am yet to meet anyone who does not like Hotdogs 😉 .
Sweet chili Cheese Dogs are one of our favorites. Not the favorite of them all, but close to the top of our ever growing list.
I like to use the “processed cheese slices” as they melt to a gooey deliciousness without having to heat up the whole Hotdog again.
Same with burgers, I also prefer the processed type of cheeses. As with most things, a certain type of cheese to use in a particular dish, is a personal preference, therefore use what you like.
To my thinking, making a Hotdog does not really have any rules to stick to, but oh, so many varieties!
I am always stunned when I look up something on the internet, only to find that whatever I thought was the this-or-that best at the time, is actually considered old-fashioned !
And here I am not saying old-fashioned food is not delicious – most recipes date back decades and others even centuries and they are still “hot”.
You Might Also Like:
Sweet Chili Cheese Dogs
- 6 Cheese Griller Sausages or German Sausages
- 6 Hotdog Rolls
- 12 TB Sweet Chili Sauce ( your favorite brand )
- 2 Onions sliced
- 3 TB Butter
- 6 slices Gouda Cheese
- Spring Onions sliced, to garnish
- Warm, cook or grill the Cheese Grillers/German Sausages as per the instructions on the packet or to your preference
- Heat the Butter and cook the Onion until golden brown
- Slice the Rolls in half, but not all the way through – place a slice of Gouda Cheese in the split
Spoon 1 tablespoonful of Chili Sauce into the Cheese – add a Griller or Sausage, top with the remaining Chili Sauce, followed by a generous scoop of Onion
Garnish with the sliced Spring Onion Greens and serve
Garnish with the sliced Spring Onion Greens and serve immediately.