Linguine with Meatball Stroganoff is ready in under 30 minutes and always a hit. This is the perfect meal to serve during any season on a busy week night, with or without a side dish.
There is not much that beats a quick, filling pasta on a busy week night. I must have mentioned our love for meatballs before and this linguine with Meatball Stroganoff is a winner every time I make it.
I prefer to bake meatballs, but seeing as these are formed quite small, you can easily fry them in a pan and follow the rest of the recipe.
Once again, even though the ingredients look like a lot, it is a very quick and easy recipe.
I remember, not long ago!, I had this fear of any recipe containing more than 5 ingredients. In a very short time, I have learnt how to organize myself before I start to cook.
Most recipes, although not all, the ingredients are given in the order of use. Therefore I always take out the ingredients, organize them on the counter in the same way as the recipe.
Grouped together where applicable – and once I have everything ready, the cooking part is real easy.
This is when I try a new recipe, I have to add – old favorites which I know by heart, well, the ingredients still gets taken out and placed on the counter, but in no particular order as I know which goes in where and when.
If you prefer your meatballs covered in the sauce, and not arranged right on top separately, add them to step #6 and then serve over the linguine.
- 2 slices Brown Bread crusts removed
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 900 g Lean Ground Beef ( 2 pounds )
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 t Fresh Garlic crushed
- 1/3 cup Parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 t Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 t Ground Coriander
- 2 TB Lemon Juice
- 1 t Salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- 2 TB Olive Oil extra virgin
- 2 TB Butter
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 t Fresh Garlic crushed
- 250 g Mushrooms sliced ( 8 oz )
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 t Dijon Mustard
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 packet Mushroom Soup Powder ( 4 servings size )
- 1 TB Sherry
- 1 TB Lemon Juice
- 2 TB Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- Linguine Pasta cooked
Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – spray a lined baking sheet with cooking oil ( see Note below )
- Soak the bread in the Milk – squeeze out any excess – mix with the remaining ingredients for the Meatballs – shape into small balls – bake 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes or pan-fry in a little Olive Oil until done but not dried out
- Meanwhile heat the Oil and Butter for the sauce in a large pan – add the Onion and Garlic – saute until soft – add the Mushrooms – cook until light brown
- Stir in the Flour and Mustard – mix well
- Combine the Milk and Soup Powder – add to the Mushroom mixture – stir well and cook until mixture boils and thickens
- Stir in the Sherry, Lemon Juice and Worcestershire Sauce – add the Sour Cream last and heat for only about 1 – 2 minutes
- Serve the Linguine topped with the Stroganoff Sauce and the Meatballs immediately
The Meatballs can also be pan fried in a little Olive Oil
Serve the Linguine topped with the Stroganoff Sauce and the Meatballs immediately.
You Might Also Like: