Buttery Shortbread Surprise Cookies have a delicious whole nut chocolate center – pure cookie bliss and you will not be able to stop eating these cookies!
I do not bake cookies a lot. Just about never is the more correct term !
But I am always up to baking a batch of these ever so easy, Shortbread Surprise Cookies.
The first time, I made them, (in a smaller size) was as part of my son’s “Sweets Table” for his 20th birthday. He is totally into any sweets and desserts of all kinds and types.
Therefore on that day, I made a LOT of different sweet stuff. (if I remember correctly there were about 20 different sweet treats on the sweet platter/s !)
My hubby really fell for these – his only complaint ? They were too small ! After the first batch, I made them double the size, which he likes even more.
He has been working so hard on the kitchen renovations lately. And I thought I will make him a nice (and of course..if you know my stuff by now —EASY and QUICK) treat.
Naturally, I will let him think it took me half the morning 😉 !
The best part for me, because I am not keen on baking cookies is the easiness ! The dough is mixed within minutes, rolled into balls and then quickly stuff a piece of chocolate into each ball.
Can not be any easier, or quicker, especially if you want to bake a sweet treat at last minutes notice.
More Sweet Treat recipes you might like:
Shortbread Surprise Cookies
- 200 g Salted Butter, room temperature ( 7 oz )
- 1/4 cup Caster Sugar (Superfine Sugar)
- 2 cups Flour
- 20 blocks Whole Nut Chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – Line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Beat the Butter and Castor Sugar until creamy – Add the Cake Flour and mix to form a dough
- Roll the dough into 20 balls (about 2 cm / under 1 inch diameter)
- The dough is very flexible, flatten each ball a bit, add a block of Chocolate and close the dough over the Chocolate
- Place the balls on the baking sheet and bake 20 – 25 minutes (It’s ready once the underside has browned slightly)
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack before serving
- If you do not like a salty/sweet cookie - use Unsalted Butter instead
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 1 Cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 153.8Total Fat 10.1gSaturated Fat 6.1gUnsaturated Fat 2.4gCarbohydrates 14.1gFiber 0.5gSugar 5.3gProtein 1.8g