These Coconut Jellos are such an easy to make sweet treat – light and refreshing especially when served with fresh fruit pieces
Coconut Jellos ! Finally I made some.
If you have been following With A Blast for a while now, you will know I absolutely love (might even be in love with) Coconut … all shapes, textures, forms.
I posted about Bread, Cheesecake, a Curry dish, and blah blah, but had yet to make jellos. See some great recipe links further down !
These Coconut Jellos are so delicious and refreshing, especially when served with fresh pieces of Pineapple.
I have used “Lite” Coconut Milk in this recipe, trying to cut back the fat in-take a bit.
Hubby suggested full fat next time.. well, of course, he would say that ! He can afford it (rather – his body can). But he did enjoy these, even though the flavor was a little lighter.
All of us are not that fortunate, unfortunately, to enjoy full fat treats all the time !
I added toasted coconut flakes to one half and left the other half plain. You can make them with or without the toasted coconut flakes.
More recipes with Coconut you might like:
- Coconut Bread with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Slow-Cooker Coconut Curry Beef and Vegetables
- Decadent Coconut Cheesecake
- 3 1/4 cups Coconut Milk “Lite”
- 2 TB Gelatin Powder, plain
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Caster Sugar (Superfine Sugar)
- 1 t Coconut Extract
- Toasted, crushed Coconut flakes, optional
- Heat the Coconut Milk in a medium saucepan until just hot
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, pour in the Water and sprinkle the Gelatin over - leave 1 - 2 minutes until spongy - microwave 8 seconds or until clear
- Add the dissolved Gelatin to the Coconut Milk, together with the Caster Sugar – Heat until the Sugar has dissolved and the mixture is smooth
- Remove from heat, add the Coconut extract – let cool
- Pour into a 1 liter ( 4 cups size ) mold or use 2 smaller molds as I did and add Toasted Coconut flakes ( optional - The flakes will rise to the top )
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight to completely set before cutting into shapes
Amount Per Serving Calories 68.5Total Fat 2gCarbohydrates 6gSugar 5.4g
Serve with fresh fruit (pineapple goes really nice with this) or Fruit Pulp drizzled over.